WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Invicta 8926ob. I want a sub / milsub homage watch. I can return the invicta. But I don't see another one in the price range. The Orient Mako/ray aren't sub homage. Maybe Seamaster homages but not sub. Do you know of a good looking well build milsub for 80-150 shipped? I love the Steinhart but it's 500.00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
I have an Invicta 8926ob. I want a sub / milsub homage watch. I can return the invicta. But I don't see another one in the price range. The Orient Mako/ray aren't sub homage. Maybe Seamaster homages but not sub. Do you know of a good looking well build milsub for 80-150 shipped? I love the Steinhart but it's 500.00

Although you may get answers here, if you post in the Affordables sub-forum you are likely to get more answers.

Reactions: Watchbreath

·
Banned
1,440 Posts
If I wanted a grade A "homage" of a Milsub, I'd go Steinhart. Assuming you don't need to pre-order or wait 6 months for delivery.

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
Toy watch milsub with sapphire crystal but its quartz. $139.

·
Registered
275 Posts
If your Invicta 89260b has a Seiko movement either the NH25A or NH35A, keep it. Just order new sword hands from Dagaz for $28, and get them installed. I own both a Alpha sub and Parnis ceramic bezel sub, and by far the 8926 with a seiko movement is the better watch to me.

Web Store - DAGAZ WATCH LTD.

98699682c6ef7fda3253304a0dc637b2.JPG

Hope that helps

sean

·
Registered
331 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I can't afford a steinhart at this time. But... Are they worth the jump in price?

There is a Squale 50 Atmoas maxi for $395 right now on watch recon. I have that same model and it is a great watch! Not to mention, $395 for that watch in mint condition is a great price!!

·
Registered
796 Posts

You never said why you don't like the Invicta. The 8926 is one of the best sub homages you can buy for the money.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Is steinhart worth the price jump? honestly thast something you need to decide your self. Its the closet you can come to a what would be considered a true MilSub in my mind, so yes. I do not own an Steinhart OVM but plan to for this reason I would also like an affordable good quality Milsub. Is it worth saving money an not buying say an Invicta or a Parnis sub from a good seller? Yes id say if your truly want a good quality Milsub homage with sword hands then its worth the price jump, which realistically in the watch world is not a big price jump at all. But that said theirs absolutely nothing wrong with the Invicta 8926 they are amazing bang for the buck. and you can mod it cheaply if you like to make it look more like a Milsub. Some of us buy lots of watches here of many different styles or buy watches an flip them till we find that watch that we truly like. some times it just takes time and lots of research.

If you look here there are a crap load of option of Sub and MilSub in the affordable range. its deciding what you personally like best.

the best place to look is the "best Submariner forum.
https://www.watchuseek.com/f71/best-submariner-homage-part-2-a-778774.html

·
Affordables Moderator
17,578 Posts
Watchbreath, you know what you can do with your opinion here, right?

Not sure how we ended up with two threads on the same thing, this must have been moved so it's closed and refer to the other. Also please check the Sub Homage sticky at the top of the forum.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.