WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Excluding the Chinese offerings on Amazon such as Carnival or Gosasa, what’s the best deal on a tritium automatic? The best I have found for a known movement and company is the Deep Blue Daylight Tritdiver that is $250 with the discount code. Is there a better watch/better deal for a tritium auto out there?

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
I was going to mention the Borealis Scout Sniper. But they've been out of production for a while now. You probably have a better chance (and better price) with the Deep Blue.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Aragon divers.

Marathon from Watch Mann = $288

Invicta 6618 = $275 used on eBay.....worth it.

There are some extremely cheap Quartz Smith & Wesson versions available on OpticsPlanet with tritium hands = $89

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
The Deep Blue is a good option. If you can find one, I'm fond of the Prometheus Jellyfish but they've been out of production for about 6 years I believe. Here's mine.

20181015_103413[1].jpg

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
This is from an old post, 2015 I think, on the forum. I have experience with Ball, Traser, Marathon and Luminox.

I paid ~$115 for the Traser Pioneer a couple of years ago. Good quality and a nice watch for the price.

D510E999-8813-42D9-BAB4-707082B31B90.jpeg

This info is old and maybe out of date.

Brand
Tritium Source
Alexandre Christie Unknown
Armourlite mb-microtec ag (trigalight)
Ball mb-microtec ag (trigalight)
Blue Thunder mb-microtec ag (trigalight)
Deep Blue mb-microtec ag (trigalight)
Doxa (Sub 800Ti Series) mb-microtec ag (trigalight)
Equipe (Tritium Tube Collection) mb-microtec ag (trigalight)
Firemark mb-microtec ag (trigalight)
H3 Tactical mb-microtec ag (trigalight)
KHS mb-microtec ag (trigalight)
LL Bean mb-microtec ag (trigalight)
Luminox mb-microtec ag (trigalight)
Marathon Unknown
Mondaine (Night Vision Series) mb-microtec ag (trigalight)
MWC mb-microtec ag (trigalight)
Nite mb-microtec ag (trigalight)
Olympia Star mb-microtec ag (trigalight)
Praetorian mb-microtec ag (trigalight)
Prometheus mb-microtec ag (trigalight)
Reactor mb-microtec ag (trigalight)
Smith and Wesson Not all mb-microtec ag (trigalight)
SMW mb-microtec ag (trigalight)
Sottomarino Unknown
Swiss Timer mb-microtec ag (trigalight)
Tawatec mb-microtec ag (trigalight)
Traser H3 (mb-microtec’s house brand) mb-microtec ag (trigalight)
Truglo Unknown
UZI Unknown

Source: http://tritiumreview.blogspot.com/20...ches_8697.html

Reactions: Cvp33

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Excluding the Chinese offerings on Amazon such as Carnival or Gosasa, what’s the best deal on a tritium automatic? The best I have found for a known movement and company is the Deep Blue Daylight Tritdiver that is $250 with the discount code. Is there a better watch/better deal for a tritium auto out there?
Gosasa isn't a brand of watch. It's an Amazon seller that markets a number of different Chinese watch brands, including, but not limited to, SKMEI, Sangdo, Holuns, Reginald and Carnival.

Yelang is Chinese, but they use Seiko/TMI NH3x movements. They are available on Amazon and AliExpress. Yelang even makes a model with 300M WR, and an ETA 2836 movement. I assume you know that Deep Blue watches, like Invicta and Croton, are made in China?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gosasa isn't a brand of watch. It's an Amazon seller that markets a number of different Chinese watch brands, including, but not limited to, SKMEI, Sangdo, Holuns, Reginald and Carnival.

Yelang is Chinese, but they use Seiko/TMI NH3x movements. They are available on Amazon and AliExpress. Yelang even makes a model with 300M WR, and an ETA 2836 movement. I assume you know that Deep Blue watches, like Invicta and Croton, are made in China?
Thanks for the clarification. Yes, I know that most stuff is made in China. If I were opposed to owning Chinese goods my house would be empty and I would't have a computer, but Deep Blue at least has some sort of US roots. Besides, the price difference isn't all that much for the automatic versions. Amazon currently has a Carnival for $79, but it's quartz. I already have several quartz tritium watches. I have a few automatics as well, but they are all made by Ball so they weren't cheap. I want an automatic so I can wear it on an extended hiking trip and not worry about battery issues. I don't relish the thought of scraping one of my precious Balls on a rock.

Yes, I know I could just put in a new battery before I leave...don't deny me an excuse to buy a new watch!

·
Premium Member
7,000 Posts
The yellow Jellyfish is also my hiking (fairly rugged and affordable), camping (no need to have to charge the lume to tell the time all night), and Cheering-for-Steelers watch. In a much better proportioned package than Deep Blue's.
Too bad they've been discontinued for so long.
P1090845.jpg

·
Premium Member
14,565 Posts
I laughed for a while after reading Elkins45 post.

And I can't think of any affordable Tritium Autos except Deep Blue.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts