WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find I love watches with big domes with nice blue AR coatings. Any suggestions for affordables that come with them? Preferably under $300?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Nodus Retrospect has a nice domed sapphire crystal with blue AR. It’s available to preorder now for $300. I just ordered one today.

Also, most Seiko divers and Seiko 5’s can be upgraded to a domed sapphire for around $100 parts and labor. Here is my SKX009 with double domed sapphire with blue AR. The watch and crystal upgrade can easily be had for $300.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
212 Posts
Nodus Retrospect has a nice domed sapphire crystal with blue AR. It’s available to preorder now for $300. I just ordered one today.

Also, most Seiko divers and Seiko 5’s can be upgraded to a domed sapphire for around $100 parts and labor. Here is my SKX009 with double domed sapphire with blue AR. The watch and crystal upgrade can easily be had for $300.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where did you get the dome crystal for the 009

Ken

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Anything is possible. You can pop a domed sapphire in just about anything. My go to source is Crystal Times because they have all the dimensions listed on their site.

Here’s my Citizen BN0151. This one was a little bit of tight squeeze.

And here’s my Seiko 5 SNK. The nice thing about this is it has a 30mm crystal, which is the same size as the Seiko Monster. This is a CT crystal for the Monster. This whole set up - watch, sapphire and all - is less than $100. And the crystal install is a piece of cake.

And here’s the same crystal in my Monster. And more pics of the Citizen Prime.

And here’s some more. A Maratac Pilot, Armida A1, and Filson Scout. I don’t have the Armida or Filson anymore. And the Maratac is a single-dome with no AR.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Have you looked at the f71 project watch? It's a hair over your budget, but you can break it up ($175 due for deposit). You will need to wait a few months, as these things are moving into prototyping, but this is fairly rare opportunity to get something unique, and probably punching in well above it's weight. If this thing said Oris, Heuer, or, hell, even Halios on the dial it would be 2-6 times as expensive.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Non-ETA Armidas can be found around $300 used, on eBay.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I find I love watches with big domes with nice blue AR coatings. Any suggestions for affordables that come with them? Preferably under $300?
Would something like this fit your tastes?
It's a steal.
They use raised and slight domed sapphire crystals. Not as domed as the ones pictures here but looks cool. They are supposed to be AR coated but I cannot confirm that (I own the first one).
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bulova-Acc...574454&hash=item3d2350dce5:g:bY8AAOSwNRdX7lZd

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bulova-Acc...074874&hash=item1a32aabf34:g:ffcAAOSwYSRZjJn8

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bulova-Acc...138017&hash=item466dd8bed5:g:fdIAAOSw2nFZ5O2d

1 - 10 of 10 Posts