WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

This is my first message in these forums, although I have been checking them out regularly since I became somewhat of an "enthusiast", not so long ago. I would like to start by sending regards to all of you!

Okay, so now for the actual thread. Some time ago I was browsing a local microbrand webpage and I found the model shown below (Colomer & Sons - Giralda) [Hope the picture shows up right]

giralda_ess.png

Well, I really liked the pattern in the dial. I found out some info about this and learnt that this specific pattern is commonly referred to as "Honeycomb" or "Waffle". I did some research and found out this incredibly stunning piece from Omega:

17M6hrS.jpg

This one I liked even more! I fell in love with the pattern as it is a bit more subtle than the other one and the color is a bit darker. I was wondering if any of you know about some affordable timepieces that look a bit like the Omega one pictured above. The waffle dial is the thing that I really like. I cannot afford these vintage omega timepieces, as you may understand. I am looking for something in the 200 - 600$ Range.

Thank you so much in advance!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Tevise = super affordable. Probably not the execution though that you're looking for. Every now and again you'll see an HMT redial with an impressive dial pattern. Also Panerai homages.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
The MWW Iconik 4 is on sale now for less than $500. I think what you want is a sculpted dial similar to AP Royal Oaks, some of the watches posted here had honeycomb printed designs but nothing quite like this.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, so much nice timepieces here...

I was looking for something a little less "cluttered" in the dial. Something more of a "Cocktail Time" kind of dial. The Tevise is not really my cup of tea. THe Mercer looks a bit more like what I am looking for, definitely checking that out. The MWW Iconik 4 is just stunning. I didn't know this brand. Definitely checking it out.

·
Registered
10,133 Posts
Yeah, imo go for the MWW Iconik 4. A bunch of the previous (out of production now) MWW Iconik watches are quite highly sought after nowadays. I think, given a year, the Iconik 4's will also become quite well-valued.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
If you really like that vintage Omega, you can probably find one for around $500. It would be small, though, probably 34mm.

Otherwise, the obvious choice that comes to my mind is the Tissot Le Locle.

·
Vendor
27,429 Posts
NTH Nazario, Oberon, and Santa Cruz.

All currently sold out, but sometimes come up for sale in pre-loved condition.

Sleep better at night with Tapatalk. Your money goes up with the talk, but never down!

Reactions: ck2k01

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
Not the waffliest of waffle dials, but the Eyki W8456G Hamilton Jazzmaster clone from their Flywheels line of automatics was selling for under $30 a while back. Hard to find right now though.

eyki_w8456g_20180909.jpg
eyki_w8456g_horizontal_20180909.jpg

I ordered without realizing where they'd gotten the design. By the time I received it, I knew, and by consequence never could bring myself to wear it much. Yet it's a nice watch for the price aside from the Xerox design. Miyota 8215 clone with added hacking, plated case with mineral crystal, but good plating and a solid crystal, stainless display back, basically a cheap and cheerful watch that's actually pretty good. Eyki just needs to hire some designers.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts