WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Affordable Women's Watches What Do People Like?

7K views 28 replies 21 participants last post by  Iandk 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am interested to learn what brands (even specific models) in affordable women's watches people like.

I am thinking of watches between $150-$500.

Looking forward to your comments!

#29 ·
Interesting comment...

I remember my mother (who grew up in Hong Kong; never had a watch collection) talk about wanting a Swiss watch at one point (I was maybe in my teens?), and she mentioned some names which meant absolutely nothing to me at the time. They did get filed away somewhere in my memory though, and a number of decades later I realize, "Oh, those were the brands she was talking about...". And they were... Longines, Tissot, and Mido.

#6 ·
My wife loves this one. She barely takes it off. And it has been extremely accurate.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

#7 ·
I'm somehow getting tired of mentioning the brand in every other post, but, I think Invicta makes good affordable watches, also for women.

Aren't women's watches made by quality brands always cheaper than men's watches?

Maybe check out Oris, Tag, Rado, Maurice Larcroix etc.

Deep blue has a ladies line, too.

What's wrong with a ladies Seiko watch? Or Citizen..

#11 ·
What's wrong with a ladies Seiko watch? Or Citizen..
Look at the sizing. Seiko and Citizen make very good women's watches, but they're generally VERY small and VERY traditional. Many would be a tough sell to women under 40, let alone under 60.

Beyond that a lot of the decent-ish non-fashion-ish brands still make a lifestyle statement for women. Are you outdoorsy enough to wear a VSA? Fancy enough to wear Movado? Graphic Designer? Get a Mondaine ;-)

I've had good luck with Bulova (wider variety than Citizen, not always *as* conservative.)

#8 ·
The small Apple watch is attractive to several women, and it is well made.

Stretching the definition of affordable, my wife wouldn't mind a Damasko DA20 that I showed her.

I once gave her a square quartz Seiko Premier series, very cartier-like.

Rado at grey market prices (google: Ashford) can offer incredible value in lady style, esp around black friday - do check.

#9 ·
Most watches that are branded "Women's" make me want to lose my lunch.

The concept of "women's watches" is a fake construct. Nothing prevents women from wearing regular watches.

#21 · (Edited)
This.

And also this:

Look at mens seiko and orient instead of women's. Women's watches in this price range are 99% fashion watches that are very poorly made.
Many traditional sized men's watches make perfectly fine (and affordable) watches for women.

Like:

And size is not actually an issue; women wear G-Shocks just fine.

Or.. something vintage yet interesting. The below could be mistaken for a fashion watch, if it wasn't a 1980's Soviet mechanical designed for high legibility.

Or Swatch.. automatic if at all possible:

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

None of these cost a lot of money, but are quite interesting and (dare I say it) more fashionable than a traditional ladies watch.. Those teeny tiny ones your grandmother used to wear.

#12 ·
My wife has an NFW Milan she loves to wear: NFW - Store

also a ladies Tag Heuer Aqua Racer, and several Citizen and Seiko models. All quartz though.

She really liked wearing this automatic Seiko til it quit working:

#13 ·
forgot to add. She has actually mentioned this to me a couple of times ... 'Im going to steal this one from your'.

She really likes this vintage Seiko Autoquartz. the dial is right around 38mm; so it wears small. She says to small for me; which it is. her 2nd most favorite watch is a Fossil Day Date from the boyfriend series.

20160802_203646 by Wolfsatz

#14 · (Edited)
My wife has a SOMEWHAT good sized collection at 20+ watches, and her biggest thing is that she won't wear a watch larger than 36mm. She has ONE 36mm Citizen (Top left in the first picture below), and she thinks that it's even a bit too large. Her sweat spot is 30mm. She has a couple ultra cheap Fossils on the low end, with an old Rolex Datajust and a Tag Link at the high end. In the middle, she primarily likes Bulova and Citizen.

She's worn the Rolex nearly to death (It's REALLY ready for a service and re-polish), and the next most worn is the cheap Fossil, go figure.

#15 ·
I forgot to mention that next to her Cartier, my wife also has a 40mm Panerai GMT which is more than big enough on her small wrist, and actually quite an exquisite watch, I find it more attractive than the traditional big panerais.

#17 ·
Dagon,

You appear to be using Tapatalk or some other mobile browser possibly. These don't do a good job of distinguishing which forum you're looking at. This is the affordables forum and the individual is looking for ideas in the $150-300 USD price range.

#18 · (Edited)
I occasionally buy watches for my wife (if I didn't she'd wear whichever one she had to death......) and she particular likes this one......

Current favorite, which she is currently wearing to death (I see a new strap being required at Xmas......) is this one. Homage of a Cartier watch she really liked........

Funnily enough she doesn't like bracelets on watches, despite me trying to get her interested in something more "sporty"......

#20 ·
That Hamilton above is terrific.

Here's a couple that are my wife's. She picked the Stuhrling and the black dial VSA herself in the last 2yrs. The Citizen on the right she's had for quite awhile. I bought her the VSA in pearl and the Seiko Lukia as gifts. This Lukia is really quite impressive and my pic does it zero justice so here's a link to Seiya's site for better pics.
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

#23 ·
So it seems like what we've learned so far is the same thing that comes up in men's "what should I get?" threads, that the answer is "I don't know, what's your style?".

Big, small, fashionable, conservative, strap, bracelet, sporty, dressy, new, classic, "old", "young", 3hands, chrono, WR, steel, gold, aaaaagh!

#24 ·
You can get some great vintage pieces for a song. A 14k gold hamilton with diamonds can often be stolen for around $130 (watch for the auctions, not the buy it now prices). Clean omegas can be found for not much more than that. The only gotcha is because they are smaller it costs a little more to service them.

#26 ·
May not be your cup of tea, but my wife has taken a liking to a few offerings from Nixon altho I feel she doesn't like the color to strap combinations that come standard. Their watches have simple and contemporary blend that makes it easy to wear them both casually or formally should you choose. If you like this style, another company to look at is Skagen.

Analog watch Watch Strap Watch accessory Fashion accessory

Watch Analog watch Strap Watch accessory Tan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.