WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love love love cyclops(es?). Thinking about buying the new alpinist which is my current everything I want watch. Trying not to spend 700 dollars right now so is there anything more affordable with a cyclops? Doesn’t have to be similar to the alpinist.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Lots of the NH35 watches on aliexpress have cyclops date windows, like Pagani and San Martin. Seem to be the explorer, datejust and diver styles. Good specs (nh35 & sapphire), they get good reviews and will set you back $100-$200

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
You can buy a magnifier (cyclops) and the UV glue from Esslinger for cheap and put it on any watch?

Lots of how to on YouTube, I think Esslinger have their own videos too.

I did it and didn’t make a bucket of it.

·
Registered
Various tool and dive watches
63 Posts
It's a different style than the Alpinist, but the Seiko SRPE03 King Turtle has the bar-shaped cyclops and can be found for under $500 relatively easily. It's not a terrible deal for a sapphire dial, ceramic bezel insert, and hacking seconds

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
You can buy a magnifier (cyclops) and the UV glue from Esslinger for cheap and put it on any watch?

Do this and you have the world of watches open up to you to cyclops away to, personally I hate hate hate the cyclops but to each their own ;)

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
My Seiko SNE435 has a cyclops. They’re usually in the $200–$280 range.

Or you can look at Panerai, and get a whole dial cyclops. (Not my photo!)

·
Registered
Zelos Mako V3 bronze frost || Casio PRW-7000X || Casio Gulfman GW-9100 || Victorinox INOX Mechanical
544 Posts
Invicta all the way :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I’m starting to look at them simply because my eyes are starting to go...☹
Apparently, the story goes that Mrs Rolex was having trouble seeing the date on her watch, and asked her hubby, Mr Rolex, for a solution, he went to the office the next day and stuck a cyclops on it, and the rest is history, anyways, whether true or not I find the cyclops a 'lazy' solution, ALS have the right idea, but present the digits on different planes, Glashutte Original have the best date windows I have yet seen.

·
Premium Member
71,371 Posts

You cab also get them on eBay. The big advantage of these little chaps is that you can pick any watch then add a cyclops if it hasn’t already got one.

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
I am fan of cyclops too. Love tool watch. Cyclops is an additional function that helps on reading it.

IMG_20200104_193134.jpg

(For reference only. This watch is not that affordable.)

·
Banned
2,448 Posts
I love love love cyclops(es?). Thinking about buying the new alpinist which is my current everything I want watch. Trying not to spend 700 dollars right now so is there anything more affordable with a cyclops? Doesn’t have to be similar to the alpinist.
Just thought I would answer the thread by saying I absolutely hate cyclops's. I'm off now, bye

1 - 16 of 16 Posts