WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sure it has negatives, but with the AW, you truly only need one watch. It's arguably the most useful watch ever made, next to the equivalent android watch.

I can use it with a suit, casual, to work out, with anything. It's very easy to clean and swap out straps. Texting, glancing at emails, workout tracking, finding your iPhone with a ping, apple pay, weather, sunrise/sunset times, and using it as a watch are what I use it for the most. I have both the leather loop and rubber strap. The rubber strap is the most comfortable rubber I've ever worn. Consequently, I use the rubber most of the time, the leather loop when I want it to look a bit better.

I recommend the steel/rubber combination for all day use.

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
24,603 Posts
Sounds like the stock apps are proving their worth. I'll bet it becomes indispensable with OS 2.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
My biggest problem with the apple watch is its just not as cool looking as my other watches. Frankly, it's a boring design. I wear it at work (because it really is useful) but I always switch to something else when I get home.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My only problem with the AW is having a watch you have to charge every day.

I haven't seen a hassle with charging. It's pretty quick. I just charged mine, it went from 9% battery to 100% battery in about 93 minutes. Prior to charging I checked usage stats and I had 4hr 52min of usage, and 27 hours of standby. Prior to charging it today, I wore it all day yesterday with a 20 minute run yesterday, and I wore it in the morning with 72 minute walk today. I left for my walk in the morning with about 27% battery and got home with 9%.

Could the battery be better? Yes, but I'm content with the usage I get now. We shall see what happens with native 3rd party apps because I use the native apps almost exclusively right now.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
My only problem with the AW is having a watch you have to charge every day.
Very true. I charge mine everyday even after at the end of the day, I still have over 40% battery left. Else, it won't survive the next full day.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I haven't seen a hassle with charging. It's pretty quick. I just charged mine, it went from 9% battery to 100% battery in about 93 minutes. Prior to charging I checked usage stats and I had 4hr 52min of usage, and 27 hours of standby. Prior to charging it today, I wore it all day yesterday with a 20 minute run yesterday, and I wore it in the morning with 72 minute walk today. I left for my walk in the morning with about 27% battery and got home with 9%.

Could the battery be better? Yes, but I'm content with the usage I get now. We shall see what happens with native 3rd party apps because I use the native apps almost exclusively right now.
I just hope with Watch OS 2, somehow battery life could be prolonged, even if it's just a bit more.

·
Registered
24,603 Posts
Battery life --

When I got home last night, mine had about 55% battery remaining. I popped on the charger and let it sit while we had dessert and watched some TV. By the time I went to bed, the watch had reached 100%, so I decided to wear it to bed like I had been doing with my Seiko; it's easy to see the time this way.

This morning, the battery showed 85%. I checked my email, news, and weather while I went to the bathroom, finished, wasn't distracted by games or Facebook (or WUS), and am topping off the Watch now before breakfast.

The good thing about a small battery is that it takes less time to fill. Hopefully the SoC/OS remain efficient together and keep squeezing out good battery life.

·
Registered
24,603 Posts
I am definitely looking forward to native apps, but worried what they will do to the battery.
I'm thinking the same thing.

iOS on the phone seems pretty good at clamping down on background apps, so I'm hoping WatchOS does a good job, too.

I'd think that loading data every time a Watch app is launched drains the battery, even if it's just using Bluetooth. What I don't want is a native app that compulsively takes lumps of data like a chain smoker.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
The issue with all small battery's is their life span, I just wonder how it will hold a charge after 1-2 years, if it's anything like my iPhone's it doesn't look good

·
Registered
875 Posts
Sold mine yesterday. Fortunately I didn't loose money since I bought it 2nd hand. I found it useful but not worth $500 (used). And the deal breaker for me was the thought that in 2 years I will be forced to upgrade to the new version, when the battery won't even hold its charge for a day, or the new apps won't run on it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Those are some nice watches there flyingcamel :)

I kind of interpret 2 things from your post. First, the Apple Watch isn't going to be for everyone, and secondly, for a lot of folks the Apple watch isn't going to replace a very nice daily watch.

I'm one of those folks who's not very stylish and hadn't worn a watch for decades up until last year. I also don't wear mine to work, (3 or 4 very long days each week). But, when the weekend comes, putting it on is one of the first things I look forward to. I really have been enjoying mine. Even right now, my wife is debating going over to a friends and was asking me about the roads. It took me about 1 second to get to the weather and decipher it's supposed to near freezing around 10pm. Call me a geek but I just think that's cool, haha.

·
Registered
24,603 Posts
I've seen some other AW owners post their doubts, whether here or on other forums. They say, "I don't use it very much," and ask if anyone else feels the same way.

The answers always talk about at least four or five common functions, with some owners stacking even more uses specific to their needs.

If you turned the question around, asking, "What do you use your [traditional watch] for?" … well, the discussion would be a lot shorter, wouldn't it?

1 - 20 of 70 Posts