WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think I have found my ultimate tool watch!!! Honestly I have been a watch nut for ever I have bought flipped kept and everything in between My current dive tool watch consist of two Omega 2254.50 and Marathon TSAR

After owning tons of dive watches anything from Seiko to the Rolex Submariner I think my hunt has come to a end!!! While I loved my submariner I flipped it as I do not respect the brand like I use to. To me they are just jewelry pieces now ( not trying to cause problem just my view) there is no such thing as a 7 thousand dollar real world tool watch IMHO!! Which brought me to my 2254.50 I love the design very seamaster 300 mil watch looking!! But still a bit to designer for me to feel as though it was a true tool watch ( I am getting warmer) Now this brings me to this past week I flipped a Omega Great White and in part of the deal acquired a TSAR all I can say is I have finally found my perfect tool watch!!!

Honestly I have not boughten a quartz in a very long time bit of a movement snob I guess:think: But this thing just makes sense to me it is built like a tank, bezel is very sturdy but can easily be turned even with gloves on. No winding every time it doesn't pop up in the rotation for a few days. The tritium tubes are brilliant for somebody that may or may not see light for days at a time inner 24hour marks this thing just screams please beat me around a little..
I was really on the fence with this one thought the dial may be to busy plus I am not a big fan of quartz but to be completely honest I am super happy with this piece and it fits my needs perfectly.. PS the quartz movement has been super accurate since I have been wearing it a week minus 2.5 seconds my Omega dose +3 or 4 seconds a day..

In conclusion I am very happy with this watch and if you are like me and thought quartz was only for kids watches think again this is a killer piece

·
Registered
739 Posts
Congrats on the TSAR. :-!

A very tempting watch, and a quartz I'd really love to own.

Now...let's see some pics!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Congrats! To be honest the TSAR was never really a watch i gave much thought to.......until now!!:roll:
I had similar reservations about it, that you mentioned. Perhaps it's one of those watches you have to hold and wear to appreciate.
It sure is a great feeling when you get a watch that you are really, trully happy with.
Wear it in good health!:-!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Could you tell me where you purchased the TSAR? It looks like a nice tool watch, and I might want to pick one up.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Very nice congrats!

·
Registered
783 Posts
Congrats on the TSAR! I think the TSAR/GSAR/JSAR series offerings by Marathon are some of the nicest looking watches out there.

Stan

·
Registered
25 Posts
My favorite watch as well, a friend who has a Breitling, has a habit of rotating the bezel, he then nods his head in approval. The Breitling bezel seems so crude compared with the TSAR.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts