WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A plain Jane DW5600E-1V. I was prepared to spend 4-5x as much money but in the end it has all that I need and it feels good.
Would it be foolish to put a bracelet on it that cost almost 3 times the watch? What will fit? I have a feeling it won't stop there though...

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
The watch looks great. I've been there before...and actually i'm in another similar debate right now as well. Live and learn....good choice though. I have a gw5600J and I love it...Enjoy

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Congrats, I am starting to think that every G-Shock collector needs at least one 5600. I've been into G-Shocks a few months now, and it was only in the last several weeks that I got a 5600, the GW5600J-1. I had had second thoughts because of the size. But when it arrived, I found the functionality to be so good and the visuals so clear that it made me like the watch very much - it's one of my favorite G's, even over several high-priced JDM G's.

If the strap feels a little small or short, the bracelet will fit better. It's a great bracelet. It also makes the watch thicker underneath a sleeve.

On my GW5600J-1 the strap is one of the longest of any of my G's, and nice and rubbery. I have no desire to put a bracelet on this one! It's super super comfortable - disappears on my wrist!

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
6,654 Posts
The bracelett of the GW-M5600BC will fit. :-!

Its a beautyfull basic G and everything one would need.
But there are so many other to buy..... b-)

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
Hi for the bracelet,you can try Tiktox.com
DW5600E is a good old classic.One that will outlast many casio models/series.. Its a watch most ppl have...its reliable,smart,vintage..

And if I were you,I will get a watch with bracelet..maybe some different watch but share the same bracelet lug diameter..so you can interchange the bracelet between the 2 watches as when you like..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Would it be foolish to put a bracelet on it that cost almost 3 times the watch? What will fit? I have a feeling it won't stop there though...
The GW-M5600BC bracelet will fit but on small wrists the resin strap is IMHO the better choose and more comfortable. If you can get a cheap bracelet then ok, with 70 or more $$ is the bracelet overpriced b-)

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
I like the watch you chose. I also highly endorse the bracelet. I bought one and put it on my GW6900, found it to be so incredibly comfortable and good looking that I bought two more for other G's. To your question about putting a bracelet on, that cost more than the watch, I say this. Forget the individual prices, but look at the total amount invested. For a relatively low price you've got a great 5600 series with a bracelet. So you're ahead of the game. Just because the watch you bought was inexpensive in no way diminishes how nice it is. I would celebrate all the money you saved, wear it and enjoy it.
Cheers...
posted via BlackBerry Bold

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I love the thread title, I burst out laughing when I read it, Don't be fooled! You've got yourself one fine watch there!! I say put a DW-6900 strap on it and that puppy will be bad to the bone!! I would have 50, 5600 models, if money would permit, but for now, I will have to settle for just 5!:-!

Mmmmm, Nice and Beefy!!

·
Registered
721 Posts
The 5600E is "the" G-Shock...only modernized. :-!
If you're wanting more after this purchase, this was a good watch to start with.
Is this your first one?

As for your question about the composite bracelet...why not? If you have the funds and even if you eventually get tired of the 5600E, you could always fit the bracelet into other compatible G-Shocks that you might accumulate along the way to a nice G-Shock collection.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts