WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my 750 Sharkhunter, I really really do. It has been on more dives with me than any other watch, and I will never sell it. But for years I have been haunted by orange. I linger over Pro pictures and then look at my Seiko Monster but it just isn't the same. Finally, after years of hanging around you enablers, I caved and added a gently used 1200 Pro to my stable. Today, the itch got scratched. b-)

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Was that the one that's been hanging around on the SC for a while? I've had to stop myself from caving in and buying that one about a dozen times. Nice pickup, tough to beat an orange DOXA.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was that the one that's been hanging around on the SC for a while? I've had to stop myself from caving in and buying that one about a dozen times. Nice pickup, tough to beat an orange DOXA.
This listing was out there for two days when I grabbed it. It'll take a little getting used to after all the years of wearing my 750, but both sizes are very comfortable.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Congrats. I have a 5000T Pro and have been thinking about adding a 1200T. Can you post a wrist shot of both watches and let us know your wrist size? I'd be curious to hear your opinions on the 1200T size after wearing the 750T for so long.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Congrats! I like the pic....if you had a third Sub in there, think about the visual impact your pic would have :-d.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats. I have a 5000T Pro and have been thinking about adding a 1200T. Can you post a wrist shot of both watches and let us know your wrist size? I'd be curious to hear your opinions on the 1200T size after wearing the 750T for so long.
Here you go... the 750 on my 6.75" wrist:

And my 1200...

As for how they wear, I like them both but they are different. The 750 has a GMT bracelet on it and it wears big (as you can see) and I am definitely aware of its presence. I forget I'm wearing the 1200, its so comfortable. I've only had it three days, so it still looks small to me, even though it's the better fit for me. I'm very excited to dive with the 1200 and see it at depth.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
The 1200T looks great. I used to think the 1200T might be a bit small but after wearing a 5000T Pro for a while I think the 1200T would be perfect. Like you said "a better fit" and more "comfortable".

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
All you done is confuse me more over Black or Orange for my first Doxa!

·
Banned
127 Posts
I know the feeling, I am currently experiencing it now. I was drawn to Doxa because of the orange, but ended up getting a searambler. I like it very much but there's just something about that orange that keeps calling...

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
All you done is confuse me more over Black or Orange for my first Doxa!
Looks like you have lots of black dials. I think you will love the orange. But, too each his own choice.
CC

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I think you are right...I'm wearing my Orange Monster for the weekend to see how I like the look :)

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You're already sunk, my friend. The Orange Monster is a gateway watch - it took years of telling myself the OM was "good enough," but eventually I had to admit everybody here was right. Doxa invented orange.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Good For You I Have Also Been Going Through The same Thing .. Been Thinking About Adding The 5000 Sharkhunter To the stable ... Big Congrats

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Viciudoli,
After my last post I decided to try my orange monster again. Hadn't worn it for a long time. It looks just like Doug507's pic and also is on anvil bracelet. After a couple of hours I switched to my DOXA 300T-Graph. While the OM is a great watch by many objective criteria and certainly great value for the price, it just isn't as gorgeous as a DOXA orange faced Pro, at least to my taste.
I hope you are happy with your choice. By trying my OM again for a couple of hours I'm even happier with my DOXA. And like you, most of the dials I have are black. Black dials seem to be far and away the favorite color of those who post in the divers forum.
Cheers,
CC

·
Registered
12 Posts
You're already sunk, my friend. The Orange Monster is a gateway watch - it took years of telling myself the OM was "good enough," but eventually I had to admit everybody here was right. Doxa invented orange.
I own the OM and have my eyes on the 1200T. So I've been looking for a shot like this. Thanks Doug!
The picture already shows how much deeper the DOXA orange has to be. With OM the dial is lighter colour than minute ruler ring. This bothers me a lot.
The addiction has been diagnosed and rehabilitation ain't gonna help. Hopefully it doesn't take me years to get my hands on one. ;-)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Well, spent some time with the Orange Monster on the wrist....no problems. Looks like my first Doxa will be orange then!

Now, just need an announcement about new/ homage models and I'm ready to go!

Reactions: Doug507
1 - 20 of 20 Posts