WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me...I think it lasts maybe a day...two at the most...and then I start thinking of the next G I want to get.

That's not to say I don't love the one I had just bought...or all the other one's in my collection...just that the desire to obtain the next one comes boiling up again.

For example, I just bought an MTG 1500, that I've been wanting for a very long time. Was a great addition to my collection with the ana/digi combo, multiband 6, and not to mention the blend of resin and stainless steel that really made it a unique piece visually to my collection.

But literally the day after...when Casio US annouced the GW7900b and GWF1000 was coming out in the US....I started dreaming of the day when those 2 will be gracing my wrist.

How long is everyone's desire for a new G satiated after you buy a new G? Just curious :-d

·
Registered
797 Posts
I usually wear the new one for a while - perhaps a couple of weeks or so, then I begin rotating my G's. I always have a mental list of G's I'd like to acquire; new models can increase this list, while my purchases decrease this list.

I frequently browse big box stores to see their G collections and to see the current prices. I'm pretty good at holding off G shock purchases until I see a sale.

When a sale comes around, that's when I pounce! :)

·
Registered
7,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well... First G in June... I now have 13... so apparently it's about two weeks for me....

...and BTW... "Greetings Starfighter!!" (awesome avatar, Zaskar)... :-!
LOL..yes...when on my missions to defeat the Kodan Armada...I always have a Gshock on my wrist. No other watch could withstand the G forces when I initiate Death Blossom. hehe.

·
Banned
4,512 Posts
buy right and live happy ;-)
i've had the GWF 1000 for a few months and it still gets 95% of the wrist time, even started selling off the others.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
How long is everyone's desire for a new G satiated after you buy a new G? Just curious :-d
Not long enough! I'm "sated" until I see something else that gets the juices flowing. Unfortunately, there is often that "something else".

·
Registered
336 Posts
satiate - definition (verb) 1.fill to satisfaction 2.overeat or eat immodestly 3.supplied(especially fed) to satifaction

Sorry, I had to look it up!
And I agree with Kronos

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
For me, Just as soon as the order is placed, back on the hunt! Theres always about 4 in the back of my head that I really want at any given time, currently in a tight here lately, so I flip a few, then purchase what models the budget allows.:-x

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
my take is this: i got into g-shocks early this year and had to 'work through' about (at this point) 25 g-shocks in fairly short order. more or less every current-model atomic that i've liked, i've tried. and all that scratched the itch. so i'd say it's not so much how long does any one watch's buzz last, but how many more watches are on your wish list. eventually, i got to the end of my list, and now i'm sort of hanging out and keeping eyes peeled for new models and enjoying the watches that have 'made the cut' and remain with me.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I usually wear the new one for a while - perhaps a couple of weeks or so, then I begin rotating my G's. I always have a mental list of G's I'd like to acquire; new models can increase this list, while my purchases decrease this list.

I frequently browse big box stores to see their G collections and to see the current prices. I'm pretty good at holding off G shock purchases until I see a sale.

When a sale comes around, that's when I pounce! :)
+1, ha-ha!:-d

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Hi,
I think 2 weeks maybe - then I start looking for the next one. On average I buy 1-2 a month - depending on price. If it's a model on the higher end of the price spectrum I'll only buy one a month.
Right now I'm pretty much completely satisfied with the G-Shocks from the current line-up that I already have - well maybe I'll get a G-7800B just for the looks but the new solar/atomic-models coming out since the first two multiband-6 models (GW-9200, GW-9010) don't really do it for me - especially since Casio doesn't seem to be able to put the features in them that I want - most important for me is the timer, preferrably with current time visible and 24hr duration.
Next one coming in is a GL-7500 (had to search a while to find one BNIB) - it doesn't have a 24hr timer but a vibration-alert - something that was on my wish-list when it comes to features. After that I don't know really :think: what will be next.

Greetings, Sedi :)

·
Registered
736 Posts
Usually the photos on these forums do it for me. After seeing stock photos, no G really does it for me. But after seeing actual pics of member's G's, I usually have a desire to get it. Especially after Peahi's posts on military members sporting mostly dw-6600's, I had to get my hands on one!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
With the first two G-Shocks I owned, it was a while before I felt like hankering for another. When I got the Riseman last year however, an inexplicable frenzy came over me, and I ended up getting three more G-Shocks (and two Baby-Gs) over the next four months.

Fortunately I came back to my senses, and I have kept bankruptcy at bay -- for now.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts