WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where does one get aftermarket bracelets and straps for their Omega that are actually made by Omega? AD's? Online?
Thanks

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'm confused. It's not "aftermarket" if it's made by Omega. It would typically be referred to as "OEM" if made by Omega. If you want an OEM strap, try a boutique or any AD. Typically, knowing the part number for the item you want will help. I just bought a leather strap from my local boutique. Took about a week to get it in. ADs tend to need a little more time than that to get what you want. Not sure about a bracelet. Otto Frei is a popular source for parts, but their prices tend to be a little high and the availability of OEM parts is drying up.

·
Registered
113 Posts

What vintage/model is your omega watch?

Like what EP has said = It's not "aftermarket" if it's made by Omega.

I will have to say it's not an inexpensive endeavor buying a new alligator strap from a AD. Typically in the mid $300's without buckle.

For a while you were able to buy quite a few NOS Omega straps on eBay at reasonable prices from dealers in Swiss. but now they've pretty much dried up.

Probably the best thing is finding an old local watch store that sold Omega at one time. They could have old stock laying around and the prices will probably be reasonable.

Be careful though, on fleaBay they're are a lot of knock-offs straps marked as Omega's.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the responses, I'm still learning the terminology. I want to buy an Aqua Terra 8500. The model I want is the plain white / silver dial with the dark brown alligator strap. That model is available in the coaxial movement, but not in the master coaxial movement. It's going to be a while before I have the funds, and I understand the coaxial movements are being phased out over the next year or so, with just the master coaxials being made, at least in the Aqua Terra line. So what that means is I either need to buy the watch I want used, if I can find it, or buy a master coaxial with the dial I want on a steel bracelet, then buy a leather strap. I want an Omega OEM strap. My AD is a long distance from where I live, so I don't get in often to talk to them, so I thought I would ask here. I figured they would have it, I just wondered if there was an alternative. I appreciate the input.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Since it's not an immediate purchase. I say scour eBay for new OEM Omega strap and the other forums, put WTB (want to buy) postings with a photo of the type of strap you would like and posting the size needed.

On ebay, there is a setting for save searches and eBay will email you when a listing for what your looking for pops up. It's quite handy. Maybe wait for a AD to have their annual sale and hit them up during then for a strap.

I don't think it will be too hard if your not in a rush and it should fairly easy to see which straps are OEM for the Aqua Terra ( I like the chocolate brown crocodile one). I do see them pop up as people bought both a strap and a bracelet and then later on decide to stick with just the bracelet.

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts