WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its a divers date....
BTW its new, i heard that new watches sometimes has deviation of a few seconds a day and it gets beter afterwards. is it possible that an extremely tiny deviation causes by a problem? (i'm talking about less then plus 1 second a day).

·
Premium Member
60,750 Posts
Short answer is you don't know when the watch was manufactured. The makers like to keep this information secret for obvious reasons. I recently picked up a Der Meistertaucher from Oris that I'm sure qualified for its pension. Suspicions yes, proof no. You can get an very rough idea of the Divers age by looking at the box it came in - newer watches will be in the soft case whereas if it's in a divers helmet case it is probably slightly older.
Now that ETA has stopped supplying movements to firms such as Oris they started to put the Sellita SW 200 movement in the watch. Unfortunately Sellita discovered a problem with the SW 200 and brought out the SW200-1. The older ETA and SW200 movements have nothing stamped on them but the newer SW200 or SW200-1 have 200 or 200-1 stamped on them in teeny weeny letter that you should just be able to see through the back.
New watches have to settle in a bit. Some folks maintain that this is not so while others say a couple of weeks and yet others say a couple of months. If it helps I fall into the couple of months group. It sounds like your watch is keeping fantastic time already and I would not worry in the least about it

·
Registered
110 Posts
Age is no secret with Oris. The serial # tells you the year of manufacture. 23-12345 is a 2003 model, give or take a couple of months either way. 29-12345 made in 2009, 31-12345 is 2011, etc.

Pedro

1 - 4 of 4 Posts