WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've written before to ask whether a website selling this brand is safe, now I've checked it all and seems safe, but there's a new question - Has anyone heard of Agelocer watches? It has a swiss automatic mechanism, of their own and their official website says it's a brand from 20th century, still I have never heard of them before. It has some unique designs but a homage of sevenfriday as well... I wanna buy the exact homage because as it says in description, the quality should be better, and the price is reasonable.. Since I can't attach links I posted the photo in the attachment. Any thoughts?? I posted under affordable watches since it isn't a high-end one..

Attachments

· Registered
10,710 Posts
I'm completely dumbfounded as to why anyone would think it's a good idea to buy a cheap ripoff, borderline counterfeit of a SevenFriday that costs MORE than the actual, legitimate watch. 1,900 Euros is a huge expense for a cheap Chinese ripoff.

This site is NOT legit.

Holuns, Reef Tiger and Binger are all cheap Chinese watches... "good for the price" maybe but 300-500 euro for Holuns and Reef Tiger and especially 1,000-1,500 Euro for Binger are all absolute highway robbery. Binger watches are more in the $20-25 USD range-- maybe $50-75 USD if you're being generous, with some cheaper ones lower than $10 USD.

The price is ******NOT****** reasonable and you need to rethink course here.

· Registered
1,187 Posts
oh, yeah
buy with confidence, they said
also oh yeah, it has swiss automatic mechanism, they said

their site is fake (you know the watch on the right, you know agelocer never released the watch on pic)

Watch Vehicle Boat

their watches are just rebranded fakes
(you know the movement, aigh? it's miyota decorated to mimic omega 8500)

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

you'd better promote something that worth to be promoted

· Registered
10,710 Posts
Wow, that's elaborate. They're not just a "mushroom brand" -- more of a wholly fake entity. I love their claim of their headquarters in Lucerne not actually being a building that either belongs to them... or to Lucerne. It's a random Abbey in Belgium. The fake Vostok is blatant as well. Good catch.

I would also say as an aside that unless the site specifically relates to a cross-border organization or governmental agency, anything with a .eu top level domain has a fairly high risk of being shady. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with it, but it has been a favorite of scammers and criminals because it seems "official" somehow and allows them to get domain names that are already taken in .com, etc.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I already knew that the watches arw mushroom brands, just figured if the quality matches their prices... I also visited the official Binger website forsay and the prices are around 3000$. I've also looked for Agelocer watches around the google and the only other legit site I found was either their official or another one which had pretty much same prices as theirs. I'll try ordering something cheap, like bracelet just to see whether the item will arrive, after all I can pay with PayPal, nothing to lose. And if it's a total ripoff then I'll just report it. Will let you guys know the results.

· Registered
3 Posts
The watches are really good and combination of swiss parts, most of Agelocers have swiss movements, not like reef tiger miyota etc. The design is immpecable and pretty cool regardless of mushroom issues. I took this to a swiss watchmaker and we dissected them, excellent stuff in the range of 300-500 EUR so they sell them via Aliexpress for what they are worth, high end shops bump the price to 1500 EUR. I have 10 models anD they are super especially the Bauhaus one and the newest world gmt which is a pure beauty better than any in its class. Haas Cie which took over my relatives company Haas Nouveaux created just quartzes as SWC Samsung Watch Company did not want to invest in it. Agelocer was smart to ”clone” famous deaigns with a twist and add high end hong kong, japanese, swiss and chinese materials. Dont forget the so-called swiss made watch industry is full of Asian parts and nowdays the truth is coming out. I warmly reccomend this as they look great, they function supervly, movements are reliable, excellent detailing super package with papers boxes etc and they are eye catchers, the owner of the company asked me if I could advertise this as a model. Am considering :) its a good investment but not for 1500 EUR :)

· Registered
3 Posts

· Registered
146 Posts
Everything about this thread screams shady, especially the recent posts. There are a ton of sites that people here frequent and are proven to be safe and reliable with brands/names/marques that are reviewed by actual purchasers.

· Registered
3 Posts
Not sure what you want to say...discussing a brand sounds shady? Buying and testing a brand sounds shady? Well until they start banning brands I see nothing wrong discussing something some of us have bought and it works. These watches are bot replica and fakes of rolex omega etc and the whole industry stinks anyway...in any case those were my 5c signing off now. Stay safe people.

· Premium Member
804 Posts
you still have them? how the watch holding up after a year later?
i'm thinking to buy them but there seem bit of heated battle conversation questioning this company quality and their watches if it's worth the asking price tag.
Sorry, no. It was good for the price, but I ended up finding a Maurice Lacroix that took it’s spot in the rotation.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.