WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned a lot of watches over the last 10 years (by my standards anyway). This is where it stands after aggressive downsizing!

Out of curiosity, which 3 would you have kept? (Given my entire back catalog)

current: GW5000, SLA033, Speedy Pro.
past: see photo of a few I used to own. Too many for me to list right now.

Watch Analog watch Clock Everyday carry Material property
Photograph White Light Nature Black

·
Premium Member
5,306 Posts
Ok, honest answer here. I wouldn't keep just three watches and have them be all the same color. That's just me. I also would have only kept one of the ones you kept. The Speedy.

Out of all those watches: Speedy, Pelagos, and the white Damasko.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Man, that's some discipline your exercised there. Good for you. Think I would have kept the Tudor GMT as well. Great tio of "leftovers" though ;)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I cannot argue with your choice of 3 however I relly like your Grand Seiko. I recently culled my collection down to 3 and its great because I had many watches that I simply did not wear.

·
Registered
Orient Bambino v2gen2, G-Shock GW-M5610, and Seiko Turtle SRP775
476 Posts
I DO have only a three watch collection, and love it. The lineup is:

Orient Bambino v2gen2 on a Milanese strap
Gilt Seiko Turtle on an Uncle Seiko Waffle strap
and also a GW-M5610 on a NATO

but if I picked through yours:

The Gold Turtle
Nomos at the bottom

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'm cheating and doing a 4-watch collection.

G-Shock and Speedy, sure. I would've kept that Hamilton Intramatic to use as a dress watch. For the diver I would've preferred one of those with color, but I like color - what you picked is also nice.

If I HAD to do 3, I guess I'd go with Hamilton, Speedy, and that orange Seiko.

·
Registered
8,430 Posts
If it was me I might have kept the Pelagos instead of the SLA033, but close enough. I've owned many of the same watches, we must have similar tastes.

Reactions: thesupermanning

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If it was me I might have kept the Pelagos instead of the SLA033, but close enough. I've owned many of the same watches, we must have similar tastes.
I recently sold the Pelagos, and got the GMT. Then I sold the GMT. For some reason the Tudors aren’t sticking. So I took the proceeds and bought a few altcoins. If we get a good Q4 I’m hoping to get a Polar Explorer 2. That’s the plan anyway for now.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts