WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
I think I would have kept the BB GMT in addition to your three watches. I usually don’t consider my digital watches as part of my collection, per se, even though I use the digitals every day (sleeping, house work, etc).

·
Registered
97 Posts
Speedy, Tudor GMT, SLA033

i own the same watches. The other stuff is pretty boring in my opinion. The Pelagos never worked for me.
I did own a Polar Explorer 2 (42mm). The look of huge white dial, steel bezel and the ridiculous cyclops was not to my taste.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Speedy
Sinn u1
Tudor gmt

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
One dress, one sport, one tool.
Maybe the nomos, that is the only thing that is kind of a dress or buy a real dress watch, you'll have plenty of money.
A Rolex. Kind of generic, but it won't lose value - in the fingernail I thought the Tudor was a Rolex (i guess that's the point) so I'd keep the Pelagos which is a Rolex adjacent but with actual personality
Any of the others since almost all are tool watches

·
Registered
770 Posts
I love all three you kept. Of the ones you got rid of, I suppose I like the Nomos Clubs the most? Is that Willard a build? I notice there’s no X. It looks great!

I have owned a lot of watches over the last 10 years (by my standards anyway). This is where it stands after aggressive downsizing!

Out of curiosity, which 3 would you have kept? (Given my entire back catalog)

current: GW5000, SLA033, Speedy Pro.
past: see photo of a few I used to own. Too many for me to list right now.

View attachment 16173292 View attachment 16173296

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
A speedy, GW-5000 and the Seiko diver are a great 3 watch collection. I would have also kept the Nomos Club as they are great watches

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
I’ve had a lot of realizations about watches over the years, and my whole criteria of a “great watch” has shifted significantly since the early days. I wonder what further realizations I will have in the future. 🤔
What realizations have you had? I understand to each his own, but you’ve tried a lot, many I haven’t personally tried yet, but have wondered about. So I can’t help but ask.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Speedy
Tudor GMT
Sinn U1
Timex Ironman Triathlon if you're running / training regularly (it doesn't "count")

·
Premium Member
Something ordinary
18,330 Posts
I am at a point where I feel I simply can't downsize. Not parting with the Omegas or Rolex, and three of the other four were gifts from my wife. That would leave the Hamilton Khaki as the only one that COULD go, but its the watch I go to for when banging around is likely (i.e. hiking, garage work, really anything where the likelihood of banging up my watch could happen).
I have far more than my 20 count case can hold, and many go weeks/months without wear. At this point I keep some because I enjoy owning them....but they should be sold, as they are rarely worn

Reactions: JLittle

·
Premium Member
Something ordinary
18,330 Posts
I have owned a lot of watches over the last 10 years (by my standards anyway). This is where it stands after aggressive downsizing!

Nice run for sure

I would have kept the GW5000, Pelagos, and GS as a make shift dress watch+ GADA

·
Registered
305 Posts
I would have kept the tudor gmt over the seiko. I understand your post about tudor gmt being a poorman's gmt, but the proportion and colors are well excuted enough for me to consider it as a unique timepiece. For bigger wrists, think it also wears better than the 5 digit gmt pepsi as well!

·
Registered
185 Posts

doxa, tudor pepsi, sinn field

41 - 60 of 100 Posts