Premium Member
3,861 Posts

Hamilton Hand Wind Mechanical.
Joe

Reactions: Eugene Hot

·
Registered
85 Posts
NANO · UNIVERSE SPECIAL EDITION SCXP155. Purchased online from retailer in Japan. Love this watch. It's 35mm and probably would prefer 36 or 37mm, but almost a Seiko Mark 11.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
I am failing to grasp why microbrands become military watches. It's never will be official and for most real military people they out of scope of interest or practicality.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
I am failing to grasp why microbrands become military watches. It's never will be official and for most real military people they out of scope of interest or practicality.
What is a military watch? You will see that different people have different ideas and opinions about it.

Real military people are just people like you and me. Whatever they like and find practical could be anything. To me it would make the most sense to use an affordable Casio G-Shock for operations in the field, it is tough, relatively cheap and can be beat up and still run.

Then again Rolex put out the MilSub many years ago, who would go in the field with such a watch these days? There are of course cheaper versions like Squale or Steinhart and they are just as good that one was probably.

I have military friends that wear Hamilton Khaki, Doxa, Rolex, ProTreks, etc. any watch now days is actually pretty and probably a lot more waterproof then any military watches of yesteryear. Heck I know people that go snorkeling with a Seiko SNK809... try that with one of the earlier military watches that were hand winding and not waterproof at all.

Anyway, there are lots of choices out there and lots of opinions. What are yours? Can you post some of your military watches? :)

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
I did.
An i clearly understand it's a watch forum so definition of whatever is very broad.
Including military which by itself may include anyone from kitchen to generals.

While first may wear nothing or fashion watch other may wear Rolex if he likes.
By these terms any watch is military watch. Which by the way is totally true.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

Joe

·
Registered
2,575 Posts

761 - 780 of 790 Posts