WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble deciding between the AK and Milgauss, and like them both after trying them on. I originally went in set on the Milgauss, but after trying on the AK, I like it more than I did while just looking at pictures.

Given my current collection (below), what would you recommend and why?

-Rolex Explorer II 16570 Polar
-Hamilton Intra-Matic 68 LE
-Tudor Black Bay 7922R
-Tag Heuer Carrera WV211B
-Omega Aqua Terra Skyfall

Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Deja vue. Multiple other threads on this

as they are the same watch which face do you prefer ?
only you can decide this
I realized there were a few other threads on this after I posted, and couldn't delete the post, so just had to go with it.

I actually really like both dials. I thought that after I got the AT Skyfall, I would never want another watch with a blue dial, but I think I'm changing my mind on that.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
The Milgauss has 2 things that really set it apart the lightning bolt second hand and the green sapphire crystal which some don't like but I find it is different enough to put in a class of its own so yeah that would be my pick plus the combination just looks great IMO.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Milgauss. I have a feeling there will be a redesign in the near future and it will shoot up in value.

I had one before and FYI, the green sapphire w/o AR coating + sunburst dial = very hard to read the time without optimal lighting. Basically, it's more bling than tool on the wrist.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Milgauss. I have a feeling there will be a redesign in the near future and it will shoot up in value.

I had one before and FYI, the green sapphire w/o AR coating + sunburst dial = very hard to read the time without optimal lighting. Basically, it's more bling than tool on the wrist.
I have a feeling there won't be for the Milgauss
I think its a very particular model fixed in time
In fact there were more variations and Rolex has just come down to two, which are the most popular
The Milgass was introduced in 1956. It reached a recent peak of popularity in the first decade of the 21st century.
At the moment it is a low intensity steady seller, rather then a star in the range

The current Air King, which is a big department from the previous range, was introduce in 2016. Its a pretty good seller at the moment, at least in the UK.

rgds

·
Registered
12,055 Posts
I agree that I think that the Milgauss line will be refreshed soon.

Between these 2, I prefer the Milgauss, and own one.

However, if the OP likes both equally, get the Air-King, because it's basically a Milgauss with a different dial, markers, and hand-set, but a lot cheaper!

Reactions: kmitch12

·
Registered
92 Posts

However, if the OP likes both equally, get the Air-King, because it's basically a Milgauss with a different dial, markers, and hand-set, but a lot cheaper!
That would be incredible, and if that’s the case I am EXTREMELY excited to see a refresh! I’m still undecided...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I love the uniqueness of the Milgauss, and the dial certainly sets it apart from the rest of my collection, but the Air King is definitely cheaper, and i like the brushed center links over the PCLs. It's a tough one for me!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts