WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, this is going to be a very select owners club I feel... too many Subs and GMT's... I'll start the ball rolling...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Question for JodyH; Is that the RubberB Strap on your watch?
Yes.
Rubber-B for the Milgauss (Milgauss and Air-King are identical except for the dial and finish).

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
That's it? 2 owners of the new version?
Most of the Rolex owners on this site are very, very dull people who choose the safe path of buying a Sub, DJ or Explorer like the other 900,000 generic Rolex buyers per year (and take a steering wheel pic while seated in their BMW).
10%'ers like us who buy the stepchild models aren't well represented here.
:-d

·
Premium Member
30,798 Posts
Most of the Rolex owners on this site are very, very dull people who choose the safe path of buying a Sub, DJ or Explorer like the other 900,000 generic Rolex buyers per year (and take a steering wheel pic while seated in their BMW).
true I'm 1 of those - BMW but thought I would help you 2 to bump the thread up. If I buy a SubC and an Explorer am I a generic dull squared? or just doubled?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
No, 90% of Rolex owners aren't stupid enough to buy that airking atrocity.

Mandatory smily face. :)

·
Registered
265 Posts

Having "tastes" has nothing to do with being stupid. It has everything to do with buying what you like. I like Rolex a lot, but I do get tired of seeing black subs and white explorer II's. I love the air king. It's different. If you don't like it, fine. But to call someone stupid over their taste in watch design is ridiculous. I bet the way you look is not desired by some, but I'm sure someone loves you.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

"Stupid"... ok, thats kinda offence! So was I also 'stupid' for my buying my BLNR???

Taste is not something thats personal, I love the new Air King, and with its association with the Bloodhound world record attempt, the dial is something special... other than all these boring subs and Explorers... and even Daytonas... Rolex do something a bit different, and upsets a few people... so what! I love it.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I love the Air-King hate.
I hope it's soundly rejected by the Rolex community to the point that Rolex ceases production then recalls and destroys all the remaining stock.
Nothing resells for more than a watch that was rejected the first time around (re: Milgauss 6541).

Haters gonna *really* hate it when in 20 years dealers have the '16 Air-King listed as P.O.R. aka: "if you have to ask..." money.
b-)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts