WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
In the first pic, it does because of the lugs but I think the phone camera kind of causes weird angles. The other two pics look pretty good though. It's 48 mm lug to lug or 50?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the first pic, it does because of the lugs but I think the phone camera kind of causes weird angles. The other two pics look pretty good though. It's 48 mm lug to lug or 50?
Measured 52mm tip to tip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looks ok to me, the angular chunky design makes it look bigger than specs would suggest.
It’s at about the limit of what I would be happy with.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Looks ok to me, the angular chunky design makes it look bigger than specs would suggest.
It’s at about the limit of what I would be happy with.
+1 based on the 2nd & 3rd photos taken at more realistic viewing distances.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Looks perfectly fine to me, though I'm a firm believer that this (what size watch is either too big - or too small - for one's own wrist) is a wildly subjective and personal call. Some are very sensitive to the watch size issue, others not so. I admit to being closer to the latter category. Even among those who are sensitive to this, regardless of the size of one's wrist, some prefer relatively small watches, some prefer relatively large watches. My wrist is similar in size to yours and my collection runs the gamut, from a Glycine Airman No 1 at the extreme small end, to an Airman 17 at the opposite end. I pick among them depending upon mood and circumstance. Sometimes size plays a factor in that, other times not - but all of them do get wear time. And generally for me, a watch's color(s), overall design and function all trumps size. Lately, my favorite go-to has been a Bronze Airman - at 44mm. Ultimately, it is your opinion that counts, but FWIW, I think that particular Airman watch looks great, both in the abstract and on your wrist.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Looks fine.

When was it ever a question of need?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Absolutely perfect. Couldn't look better. I'm a 6 3/4" wrist size and I wear any watch from vintage 39mm to 60mm . 42 to 47mm is my sweet spot but an occasional 50mm U-Boat or 60MM Big Egi is a fun way to go. The smaller watches are easier with a suit or Formal wear but i've worn my Cartier Ballon Bleu with my tux many times and that's a good size dress watch at 46mm..Sport watches are big...Never worry.. It's what YOU like , not what others like. On the other hand, nobody really cares what watch you have on. I've never had anyone even ask me about my watch..People are into their own stuff , not yours.

·
Registered
81 Posts
It's your watch bro, you have to decide for yourself. You will get many differing opinions. It comes down to whether or not you feel comfortable wearing it.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
It's your wrist, your watch, but you asked. In my opinion it is to big, it seems to overhang your wrist. 52mm to long of a lug to lug if you want it to look proportional.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Looks fine.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I vote not too big, as this is a watch that needs to be seen, and it stands out. But hey, it's all about comfort level for you, as in what are you comfortable with ?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Okay, I'll play devil's advocate, since you asked. It's not that the watch looks too big, it's that the watch makes your wrist look small. It's all relative. Doesn't the Airman or something like it come in 40mm and even 38 and maybe 36mm? I really think that would fit you better. As I type this, I'm wearing a 38mm Hamilton and I love the way it feels and looks, and I have an 8" wrist. Yeah, I have bigger watches- a 45mm Omega PO, and a 46mm Glycine Incursore, but I rarely wear them because for me they are too big, even though they don't overhang my wrist. Sure, it's your watch and you ultimately make the decision. The older I get the more I like smaller, less conspicuous watches. For me, 38-42mm is the perfect size, but that's for my wrist, no one else's. Wear it in good health, regardless!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I need a "does this watch look too big for me" filter. But the "can you recommend a watch to match my car" thread takes the cake!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts