WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yippee! My Airman just came in yesterday. White face with brown leather band. It's awesome. Pics to follow.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Very nice! I'm glad to see these are shipping now. Inspiration to give the old paypal account a little something to look forward to!

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Nice watch and love the strap - waiting for one to arive to put on my Special II.|>

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love this watch so much, I already ordered the black leather band for it. Now it will match anything I'm wearing.

So that I don't lose or damage my new baby, can someone tell me how to switch the bands? I promise to post pics as soon as this is done.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I just ordered the Base 22 Purist in black dial; also ordered a tan leather strap and black rubber strap from Mr. Johnson at Falcon Watch. It's my first time buying from Falcon and his Ebay store is easy to use. Mr. Johnson is very helpful and a pleasure to deal with.

I got the last Purist that he had in stock and it will be here tomorrow. The Airman book is also included with each Airman purchase! :)

Will post photos.

·
3,631 Posts
Awesome! I bought my first 24 hour watch from Falcon back in 1988 when I soloed...a quartz airman 2000.
You made a great choice in watch and dealer. You'll love Andre's book as well!

·
Registered
275 Posts
My Base 22 arrived today. It's my first 24 hour dial and it is fantastic. I asked Mr. Johnson at Falcon Watch to ship it on the tan Glycine band that I bought with the watch. It is simply beautiful. The copy of the Airman book is a nice touch from Falcon.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I was looking at the sticky thread Glycine Special II Registry and the similarities to the Base 22 are pretty obvious. They look like the same watch except for:
  1. Base 22 has slightly longer minute hand
  2. Base 22 has red tip on hour hand
  3. Base 22 has seperate crown to lock down the bezel
  4. The Special II has a cyclops on the crystal and the Base 22 does not.
I'm really liking my Base 22. :-!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts