WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking at a couple of the threads on this forum, it seems that Stowa has been "stuck" on Airman Original number 132 since at least February. I am number 577 on the list and was originally given a delivery date of June 2009. Whilst I understand that delays can and do happen, and I am prepared to wait for a quality product, it seems that everybody on the waiting list is in the dark about progress with the manufacture of the AO. It would be good get an update as to what is happening and what has been the cause of the delay. I know there is supposed to be a "ticker" to go onto STOWA's web site with this information, but it has been quite a while since that was announced and it has not yet been created.

A friend of mine added his name to the waiting list last week and was told he was approximately number 1190. Given the restrictions that ETA are imposing on base ebauche supply to third party manufacturers, culminating with a complete cessation of supply by 2011, it would be good to learn whether those of us who are down the list have any chance of receiving an AO at all.

·
Registered
61 Posts
...Whilst I understand that delays can and do happen, and I am prepared to wait for a quality product, it seems that everybody on the waiting list is in the dark about progress with the manufacture of the AO. It would be good get an update as to what is happening and what has been the cause of the delay.
I agree. I am on the list since August 2008 and supposed to receive the FO right about now. I received a mail from Stowa announcing the -unknown- delay in December. I wrote to Stowa last April asking for an update. They replied with my number (in the 500s) and that they were making the FO for client 132 then. Delivery time: still unknown. I think that is strange unless you have a serious problem with the production of the FO.

I am also prepared to wait a while for a nice watch like this. But I am not prepared to wait -a lot- longer because I had in mind to buy the watch for a special occasion. I have other watches (like the Sinn Regulateur |>) that I like also, but unfortunately, my budget is limited to one watch at this time.

Any info as what to except would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
well, I just confirmation that I am number 1166 & they are STILL working on 132.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Going back over the forum -- and given the number of names under which the Airman Original is discussed and further given the two or three times over the last couple of years that versions of the Airman have been released as special editions it's not that easy to search -- I find remarkably little evidence that the Airman Original in its current form even exists...

Tongue in cheek, of course, but how many of the fortunate 131 owners of the watches are active forum members?

I need evidence!

S

·
0 Posts
Going back over the forum -- and given the number of names under which the Airman Original is discussed and further given the two or three times over the last couple of years that versions of the Airman have been released as special editions it's not that easy to search -- I find remarkably little evidence that the Airman Original in its current form even exists...
Well, If I were you I would work on my "search skills". This is your second post here on WUS and I hope you will get used to our search functions and will find out yourself what you currently can`t find out yourself.

Tongue in cheek, of course, but how many of the fortunate 131 owners of the watches are active forum members? I need evidence!
Evidence is given here and on TZ.US, on WatchTimeForum, on TZ.UK (if I remember correctly), on uhrenforum.de. Members here without searching:
Piccolo, Hary, expwmbat, Paulo, thodgins, neju.

·
Vendor
921 Posts
Hello everybody,

I have to give some news on the Airman Original watch and the delivery of this rare piece.

Please be informed the owner of your main supplier ( for movements ) just passed away and his family is helping to keep the business going. Due to this unexpected situation, there have been some delays.
We are working with our supplier to address these problems.

As soon as we found a solution we will be able to make up a time schedule for further production and than we will inform all our customers who are waiting for the Airman Original.

You will be informed as soon as we have some news - hopefully within the next weeks.

thanks for your understanding.

best regards

Jörg Schauer

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ah, but you see... The evidence of the photographs shows that the Airman Original is branded as a 'limited edition', which when I came across it, led me to believe that it was in fact one of the watches that are called 'limited editions'..

My search skills are adequate to the task, I believe, but Teutonic logic -- that the watch branded as limited is actually not limited -- has evaded me ever since I read Kant in college..

(That's a joke, too, by the way....)

At any event, I am delighted that we smoked out Jorg, and that I may (just may) be able to take delivery of something like the Flieger Original before my 60th birthday in November of 2010.....

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Hi Tulkinghorn,

the watch shown by Hary actually is a "Limited Edition". |>
There was a series of 80 pieces, referring to the 80th anniversary of STOWA in 2007.
Because of it's overwhelming success, Joerg decided to offer a nearly identical serial model.
Only the goldplated balance bridge is missing - compared to the L.E.. And - of course - the "Limited Edition"-engraving.
I doubt that you may (just:may);-) get your watch before your 60th birthday.
In December 2006 the just announced FO L.E. was ordered by me; it was on my wrist first time in the end of octobre 2008 - just 5 month after my 60th birthday. b-)

Here you see the FO L.E. (right) and the second 80th anniversary watch, an Airman with a 2824-2 automatic movement:

You have already seen the back of Hary's watch.
This is the back of the Airman auto:

Can you now understand, why I won't ever regret having waited so long: as long a fruit is ripening, as sweet is the benefit.

Best regards (to Immanuel too),

Volker ;-)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hallo Jörg!

Thank you very much for this information. I think I will have to wait another 6 months or more - but however ... I still like the FO very much.

What do you think - shouldn't all people waiting for more than 6 months get a certain special at theire watch? A golden plate in the movement or something else very special? *just kidding, but why not* ;-)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What do you think - shouldn't all people waiting for more than 6 months get a certain special at theire watch? A golden plate in the movement or something else very special? *just kidding, but why not* ;-)
If that was the case, everybody would get something special - I don't know of anybody who has gotten a FO (either limited edition or serial) in less than 18 months let alone six! Surely the special thing is the beautiful watch itself!

·
Registered
69 Posts
good to have an explanation from jorge. im 399 on the list, was expecting it april but looks like ill have to wait a while more.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Here 878 on the list...
Well looks to me my no. could well be over to year 2010 instead of end 2009.
But i am prepared and ready to wait.
:roll:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts