Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I see the straps in the picture below:

But they look different from the ones shown on Stowas website -

Does Stowa not offer them anymore? Thanks,

Matt

S

·
0 Posts
They are the same, please keep in mind that this pic is taken through glass and with a flash (I know because it´s my pic I took during the Open Schauer Days in 2004).

·
Registered
558 Posts
it's the special Airman Strap in the Showcase Mike, not the same like the one
on the Picture below.

similar with this one

Attachments

S

·
0 Posts
it's the special Airman Strap in the Showcase Mike, not the same like the one
on the Picture below.

similar with this one

Oh well, I stand corrected :) I´ve seen that long one as "decoration".
But if I remember right the strap on the Airman on the left is the current one, right ?

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
The old style one has more of a vintage look and feel to it. I prefer the thicker one shown above though. I just received the vintage style strap right before Christmas so I have both now and there's just something about that super thick and stiff strap that does it for me. The vintage style one is much more supple and a touch bulkier.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Oh well, I stand corrected :) I´ve seen that long one as "decoration".
But if I remember right the strap on the Airman on the left is the current one, right ?
i made a bigger image from your Picture Mike, it's also the Special Airman Strap.
I think the Leather on the Special Strap is in a different Brown coloring
an the leather is a bit smoother.

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the one in the picture with the nato style metal keeps, is it still available anywhere? Thanks,

Matt

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
All these Stowa Airman pics made me starting the countdown for the 2007 Airman model ... ;-)

Ciao

ebgi

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Matt, the one with the Nato style keeps is available from Stowa. I got that one directly from them recently. It is a little thinner than the strap shown in the first picture at the top of this thread and is made of a different leather. It still looks nice and in fact is very vintage looking but I prefer the thicker strap with the distressed look.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Matt, the one with the Nato style keeps is available from Stowa. I got that one directly from them recently. It is a little thinner than the strap shown in the first picture at the top of this thread and is made of a different leather. It still looks nice and in fact is very vintage looking but I prefer the thicker strap with the distressed look.

Can you find it on their website for me? I am looking under the 20mm strap section but don't see it. Thanks for the help guys,

EDIT: Do they not offer blued screws anymore either? Thats not listed on their site anymore either that I see.

Matt

S

·
0 Posts
Can you find it on their website for me? I am looking under the 20mm strap section but don't see it. Thanks for the help guys,

EDIT: Do they not offer blued screws anymore either? Thats not listed on their site anymore either that I see.

Matt
Well, right: It´s not listed but for the Antea blued screws are offered.

Quote: We also can deliver your watch with handblued screws in the movement. (morecosts 50.- Euro).

Within the Airman pic gallery the movement with the blued screws is still shown

so I think it´s still available. A mail to Jörg will answer your question.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts