WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello -

first post and happy to have found this site. Looking for information and first-hand feedback on the Stowa Airman, particularly vs. alternatives like the the Archimede Pilot . . . I've run the searches and found everything I could here and elsewhere.

didn't wear a watch for two years, and returned to watchdom with a Hamilton MIL-W-46374D - a nice but pretty small military watch. I'm pretty sure a flieger is next in line for me and hoped to get some guidance from the knowledgeable folks here . . .

the 2007 limited edition is appealing but I don't necessarily want to wait . . and I always could add that too.

this is meant to be an everyday watch for a lawyer, if that helps.

(p.s. in the Archimede I am tilting towards the "M" which is 39 mm in diameter; 42 is too big for me (yet; I think . . . ).)

look forward to your opinions.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I almost bought a stowa airman but went with the archimede pilot m. I just got it and I am impressed. I will have to replace the strap before I am completely happy but it is almost $250 less than the stowa airman. I figured that the savings coulld go to a stowa marine or antea for a nice dress watch when I am ready for another watch in a few months.

·
Watchuseek Journalist
1,772 Posts
Mugnut welcome to the forum :-!

I own both Stowa Airman and Archimede watches. Other than using the same ETA movt., they are very different watches.

Stowa is more refined, more accurate, excellent lume, a bit smaller case than Archimede, and receives compliments from other watch enthusiasts.

Archimede on the other hand is bold, fairly accurate, has unique crown, and strangers notice it right away.

I hope that helps. You will not be disappointed with either watch.

Cheers

·
Registered
441 Posts
I think both watches are worthy choices.|>

I friend has the Archimede, and I personally found it to be a little too light for my tastes.

Personally, I expect to be choosing the upcoming Stowa. If it is anything like my Marine Original, it will be awesome. As well, Stowa's heritage as one of the original four makers of the B-Uhr pilot's watches is important to me, and adds significance to the watch IMO. :-!

·
Registered
11,273 Posts
I think both watches are worthy choices.|>

Personally, I expect to be choosing the upcoming Stowa. If it is anything like my Marine Original, it will be awesome. As well, Stowa's heritage as one of the original four makers of the B-Uhr pilot's watches is important to me, and adds significance to the watch IMO. :-!
Exactly my view, too. :)

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
I own both brands and while I am impressed with the overall design of the Archimedes it is not quite the watch that the Stowa is. I'd hold out for the Stowa or find a used one. They come up for sale every couple of weeks on the forums.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Peter -

I am tilting towards the Stowa just because that's what my gut says, but the Archimede seems like a good watch at a great price point as well. I'm sure there's room for one of each but I don't know that my wife would agree . . .

Now it's time to go sell some golf clubs to fuel up the Paypal account.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I have the Archimede Pilot, and a Stowa Marine. The Archimede is a great watch at a great price, but the quality of execution and design of the Stowa is entirely a step above (the Marine and Airman use the same case, I believe).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts