WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on Tags website they advise not to wear your watch through the metal detector as the magnetism can effect it. Is this a genuine concern as I'm equally as worried about taking it off and sending it through X-ray scanner in case it gets scratched getting pushed through in those trays!!!

Do you all take yours off to go through metal detector??

cheers everybody

·
Registered
186 Posts
I take mine off and pack it into my Pelican travel case every time I go through security and unpack it again as soon as it comes out the other side.

Get a few strange looks!

·
Registered
546 Posts
I take mine off, wrap it in a hankerchief to avoid scratching and put in in a zipper coat or vest pocket that goes through the scanner. I have seen no ill effects on the watch.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've worn my watches through the metal detector, and I've sent them through the x-ray machine. No issues either way. Never noticed that the Tag website had any recommendations though... I guess maybe there could be a risk of the watch getting magnetized in the metal detector?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Most large organisations have their own legal departments whose job it is to protect the company from claims.

Magnetism through airport scanners and waterproof watches in the shower are just two of the more regular "dont's"
recommended by legal teams.

As an aside, whilst many watch manufacturers say not to wear your watch in the shower, tag recommend cleaning them in warm soapy water!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts