WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Those Vostok alarms, are they legit? I've seen a few now here and on eBay but I never knew of Vostok producing alarm watches

·
Registered
565 Posts
My one & only poljot 2612 cal. alarm watch, it has been a beater after it was serviced. The movement is housed by a 20 mic. gold plated case which is in a very good condition. But the hands are corroded , I don't mind though.
View attachment 1014413

Reactions: admiralStojakovic

·
Registered
389 Posts
Those Vostok alarms, are they legit? I've seen a few now here and on eBay but I never knew of Vostok producing alarm watches
I was gonna ask the same thing!
Either way, what do you think about how well they are made, are they tough, waterproof...Just any info would be appreciated.
Cheers!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Vostok alarms are post-Soviet production based on Poljot movement (Vostok bought whole product technology). Looks very good and, IMO, made quite pretty :) Are they waterproof? Honestly I don't know, I'Ve never tried to put it into water :)
I'll make some more photos tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
So I got something in the mail today, opened it up and....
View attachment 1017219
This is probably the nicest watch box I have ever gotten a watch in, probably because I am used to receiving them in plastic bags or cheap plastic boxes!
View attachment 1017220
Here is the face and inside of the box
View attachment 1017221
Here is the strap and titanium buckle, this is the first Russian watch I have gotten where I haven't had to replace the strap/punch a hole which was a nice surprise!
View attachment 1017222
Wrist shot! This watch looks wayyyy better in person than in the pictures from the catalog, you can really see all the little textures and details they put on the dial, the glass magnifies somewhat and that is also very cool. Getting to wind two different crowns on the same watch was also an interesting experience, I am glad you guys told me that I had to wind it or else I may have been very confused!

·
Registered
73 Posts
So I got something in the mail today, opened it up and....
View attachment 1017219
This is probably the nicest watch box I have ever gotten a watch in, probably because I am used to receiving them in plastic bags or cheap plastic boxes!
View attachment 1017220
Here is the face and inside of the box
View attachment 1017221
Here is the strap and titanium buckle, this is the first Russian watch I have gotten where I haven't had to replace the strap/punch a hole which was a nice surprise!
View attachment 1017222
Wrist shot! This watch looks wayyyy better in person than in the pictures from the catalog, you can really see all the little textures and details they put on the dial, the glass magnifies somewhat and that is also very cool. Getting to wind two different crowns on the same watch was also an interesting experience, I am glad you guys told me that I had to wind it or else I may have been very confused!
Very nice indeed ! you probably got it in Germany ;-) ...enjoy !

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Alarms are great! As others have said, an essential part of a russian watch collection. More unique than a strela or a shturmanskie in my view. An alarm really is a rare complication. I mean, what else is there in the "regular" watch world that resembles this? A JLC Memovox runs in the thousands easily.

From the WRUW February thread

Signal week!

·
Registered
215 Posts
hi everyone,

Lovely Russian alarm wristwatches pictures!! .. :-!:-! .. As I read somewhere, it is a must should you want to get some Russian watches and I truly believe it!! So far I only have a Scuba Dude and now perhaps this is my next purchase.

Any recommendation which reliable and trustworthy seller in ebay I can get one? Thanks in advanced for help me out here .. ;-)

Btw, perhaps a WUS project using this movement for a diver alarm? I always dream of getting one diver alarm mechanical watch but those well known ones are beyond my reach .. :-:)-(

Thanks.

Cheers,

·
Registered
854 Posts
Here is mine:

View attachment 1022353

But I needed to send it back to East for service .... and the alarm hand broke during shipping.

It will be back soon but with a black alarm hand (no gold available) :)

View attachment 1022356

Sad ... but happy my watch is back to life :)

PS: Thanks to Canada Post, It costed me $43 to send it to Bulgaria and it took closed to 2 months to arrive (january 23rd to march 13rd!!!! And thanks to Bulgaria Post it will cost only $10 to send it back to Canada and it should arrive in 2 weeks!

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
PS: Thanks to Canada Post, It costed me $43 to send it to Bulgaria and it took closed to 2 months to arrive (january 23rd to march 13rd!!!! And thanks to Bulgaria Post it will cost only $10 to send it back to Canada and it should arrive in 2 weeks!
I've always wondered why Canada Post charged so much more for shipping then other countries, and why it is so slllooooowwwwwwwwwwww. A shipment from Ontario to Michigan can take well over two weeks even though it only takes 2 hours to drive there! I can get mail from England in about 3 days however, and it is several thousand kilometers away....

·
Registered
854 Posts
I've always wondered why Canada Post charged so much more for shipping then other countries, and why it is so slllooooowwwwwwwwwwww. A shipment from Ontario to Michigan can take well over two weeks even though it only takes 2 hours to drive there! I can get mail from England in about 3 days however, and it is several thousand kilometers away....
The main question: how people can do business with a so slow and expensive Post? I think Canada Post is the most expensive Post for international registered mail in the World! Just after US Post!!!!

·
Registered
404 Posts
41 - 56 of 56 Posts