Votes: 57 56.4%
  • The vibra alarm works for me

Votes: 5 5.0%
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was just wondering ever since I got my first Casio when i was a kid, the alarms never really woke me up. Does anybody else think Casio should start to make the alarm louder? Vibra alarms are cool but they don't work for me either. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I wear the G7500 on my right arm at night>>

While I travel. I will wear another watch on the left as usual but th G7500 on the right. It never fails to wake me up when on vibration. In fact sometimes it scares the crap out of me.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I have a Sony radio alarm clock turned up almost full blast that buzzes for 1 min and then the radio for 1min(I think), it wakes my GF, she elbows me and I STILL sleep through it.

No way a few electronic beeps will wake me.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Re: I wear the G7500 on my right arm at night>>

While I travel. I will wear another watch on the left as usual but th G7500 on the right. It never fails to wake me up when on vibration. In fact sometimes it scares the crap out of me.
I gotta get one of those now!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Re: I wear the G7500 on my right arm at night>>

I'm a fairly light sleeper, so yes, alarms from my Gs do wake me up. Now, if I went on a night out on the town and had one too many brews...that's a different story. :-d

·
Registered
998 Posts
Not only do they wake me up, but they piss off my wife too.

Suunto set for 5:59 (almost never hear it, plus it's too quiet to bother getting up to turn it off, it does go for 20 secs however)

G7710 set for 6:00 snooze (this is the loud one and it repeats until I turn it off, it's accross the room too so I have to get up to shut it up, this one is only 10 secs.)

In case I sleep through those, my MTG910 goes off at 6:15, followed by the Citizen skyhawk AT at 6:20 and 6:22.

The clock radio (which rarely goes off) is set at 6:30 and has the volume set at a level which will cause the neighbors to wake.

All this due to late nights trying to finish a finance degree whilst fending off the lures of WISdom...not to mention a daughter that still after almost 4 years wakes up crying several times in the night.

Someday I won't need an alarm to wake up, but I'll still need a G.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My non-solar, non-atomic G7600-9V wakes me up everyday & has done so for almost a year now. :-!

My solar/atomic GW002KA-3V will NOT wake me up at all. I guess the extra "stuff" inside muffles the alarm somewhat :-(

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Before my G collection got as big as it is now my DW-9000 woke me up with no problem. Now that I have 20 watches with most of their alarms on I will se yes my alarms do wake me up. Just in case my G-Shocks fail me my Blackberry never fail me.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Normally I wake up before the alarm goes off anyway but the only one that's guaranteed to wake me, like Harryhausen, is the vibration alarm of the G7500 and, like him, I agree it's a weird sensation, which is probably why it's so effective :-d

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Nope! None of them do. There isn't a single G that I own that is loud enough to wake me up. Even I had one just inches from ear and beeping away. The vibration alarm on my G7500 doesn't wake me up either. If I don't set the alarm on my clock, I'll sleep until noon. lol

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Man, I wish I was as deep a sleeper as some of you guys.
I wake up if an ant walks across the floor.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
It works for me, but in case someday it didn't, I have set two alarms at 6:00 and at 6:01 just in case. I used to have a radio alarm but it was quite annoying as my wife also woke up (she wakes up two hours after me) and isn't as handy as my G that's on my wrist.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
This is my last remaining longstanding gripe with the current crop of G-SHOCKS, and one I hope Casio addresses. The alarms are pathetically inaudible.

They should get hold of an Omega X-33 and hear how its done.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I think 'alarm' is a misnomer (for all watches, not just Casios). 'Alert' would be a better description.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
There wasn't a 'sometimes' option so I went with 'no'. They do sometimes wake me, but I don't rely on.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I think 'alarm' is a misnomer (for all watches, not just Casios). 'Alert' would be a better description.
Agreed. Alert or reminder.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
I have 10 G-Shocks in my bedroom, all set for 7:00 AM. The combined effect of those 10 G-Shocks is not enough to wake me. o|

Waking me up in the morning requires the G'Zone. This phone could wake the dead.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Agreed. Alert or reminder.
Alert. Reminder has already been taken. "Reminder" is the even less useful function, without any sound, from the older screwback G-Shocks. It was just a blinking spot on the display. About as effective at waking me up as the alarm.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts