WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
172 Posts
Alaska wouldn't be my first speedy if i'm planning to get a speedy for myself also i find it very expensive at the moment cause of inflation.

·
Premium Member
Mostly Speedies
2,326 Posts
Sorry, I guess I have one more thought...

As someone else noted, at $10K, I'd feel like I needed to ask myself if the price has moved out of reasonable Speedmaster territory. I know that's where Alaska Projects have moved towards, but at least for me personally, part of the appeal of the hesalite Speedy is that it's a tool watch, and while not cheap, it's also not insanely priced.

I bought my Speedy 9300 new from an AD for just over half that, a brand new Speedy Pro from an AD is well under half that amount, you could get a GSOTM new from an AD for something very close to that number, and lightly used (with no scratches, etc. due to the ceramic case) for thousands less, or an excellent condition Submariner, or... a LOT of other awfully nice watches.

Point being, you're in essence buying one of the most-expensive Speedy variants on the market... if that's EXACTLY what you want and the premium is worth it to you, by all means buy and enjoy it. But the premium for that particular variant is massive, and puts you into an entirely other price range where some really sweet watches also live.
That’s good advice that is broadly applicable outside this thread. Thanks for the post. I have obsessed over some LE Speedys and just can’t shell out $10k for them. You can get so many amazing watches for <$5k! I suppose if $10k doesn’t pinch one can go for it but for most of us it is probably a good chunk of change or completely out of reach.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Sorry to resurrect this thread. Very much interested in finding an Alaska project. What is the current private party market on this piece?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Almost got scammed trying to buy one of these.
Yes, I would buy it but be sure the seller is 100% with zero doubts.
The unstamped card is odd. Where was it bought from?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Sorry to resurrect this thread. Very much interested in finding an Alaska project. What is the current private party market on this piece?
Just saw this.
Check the ebay sold and WatchRecon by removing the date on top so you see all sales.
Also chrono.

That said I would not be surprised if Omega does a new one like this. I'm wearing the white PO since I never got an Alaska.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Just saw this.
Check the ebay sold and WatchRecon by removing the date on top so you see all sales.
Also chrono.

That said I would not be surprised if Omega does a new one like this. I'm wearing the white PO since I never got an Alaska.
Ok. I’ll check those websites and see what it looks like in the market. Chrono 24 indicates the value is just silly

·
Registered
14,023 Posts
It wasn't that long ago the Alaska Project models sold for under $4k. eBay and Chrono24 have some listed for $14k and up. Unfortunately, the prices have skyrocketed beyond what I think is reasonable for a unique 3570 variant, unless you have seriously deep pockets.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Thanks blowfish89. What are your thoughts on his price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
a bit of research showed the seller's price is in line with the market. another WUS member said that the seller's price is 24% lower than Chrono24 -- remember that Chrono24 prices are jcked up to account for the commission to be paid to Chrono24 by the seller for the use of Chrono24 to reach customers.
if the seller is selling to you direct, he does not have any additional cost.
here is a plot of the Speedy Alaska Project price trend--
concentrate ont he red dots which are items actually sold (blue dots are fantasy prices by the seller). the data is a bit dated but you can see that 2 years ago the pricing was very close to 12K. So, now it must be about the same or higher.....

·
Premium Member
Mostly Speedies
2,326 Posts
Love them Speedies. Don’t love them prices. Almost better to buy the next one they release from AD.

Insta: @officine_scrivano

21 - 30 of 30 Posts