WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're used to these brands stepping on the styles of the biggies like Rolex and AP but I was somewhat shocked to see them ripping off C. Ward.

Christopher Ward, you have arrived!

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
This isn’t new. There’s been a “trident” available for quite some time, maybe a year or so. I don’t really remember how long ago I saw this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Seems to me they improved the design by balancing the text on the left and right and by removing the useless sub-second marks.

Of course nothing about the CW design was original anyway. I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader to figure out which watches CW was homaging.

·
Premium Member
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you’re talking about the first set of photos, let’s get real. The CW may well have been inspired by period divers. The mushroom watch is much closer to a clone of the CW.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Nothing new, even microbrands get ripped off, there was a very convincing copy of the NTH Devil Ray coming out of Thailand a couple of years ago, a scan of Ali-Express and other PRC websites will show other micro copies too.

As for that CW copy, for me that is vast improvement with the replacement of the name........

Cheerz,

Alan

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hahaha I can actually forgive this one more easily because they fixed the imbalance that always bugged me on the C Ward.

Zelos has a copy now. It's 2020 and up is down! Topsy turvy time!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Nothing new, even microbrands get ripped off, there was a very convincing copy of the NTH Devil Ray coming out of Thailand a couple of years ago, a scan of Ali-Express and other PRC websites will show other micro copies too.

As for that CW copy, for me that is vast improvement with the replacement of the name........

Cheerz,

Alan
Yeah. I dont like wearing a watch with some guy,s name stamped on the dial. What does that make me look like?

Enviado de meu SM-G930F usando o Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Yeah. I dont like wearing a watch with some guy,s name stamped on the dial. What does that make me look like?

Enviado de meu SM-G930F usando o Tapatalk
Dang Patek Philippe is in trouble. More than one dude's name on the dial . (A. Lange & Söhne) always reminds me of Sanford and Son.

Reactions: Fergfour

·
Registered
Just one more TX Timex Enabler Club - Broths Hams n Subs
11,544 Posts
At least there’s an honest “CHINA MADE”...
China Made .. almost Swiss right?

next is.. China Made with Swiss parts.... I mean..we already got Swiss Made with non Disclosed Chinese parts.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts