WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

After spending most of my watch-lurking hours on eBay, Parnis-shops and some Micro brands, I've decided to give Ali Express a go. I've found plenty of interesting watches, and brands that are not on eBay for some reason, but D*MN it's hard to find interesting watches without having to go through 80% replica's! Since it (literally) make me feel sick to think about buying a replica, I want to see only the 'normal' Chinese branded watches, or clean dials, with no logo. I'm a huge fan of homages, but replica is a no go.

So, is there a Ali Express black belt out there that can share some thoughts on how to keep the replica's out of the search results? would be highly appreciated!

Thanks,
Joeri

ps. please don't share how to find replica's, and then say 'do the opposite', because I don't want to boost replica sales in any way!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Search directly for watch brands, put seagull, Beijing, Eyki, fiyata etc into keywords. However .........s is not a good place to search for watches. Look at taobao or tmall directly will give you better results.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Search directly for watch brands, put seagull, Beijing, Eyki, fiyata etc into keywords. However .........s is not a good place to search for watches. Look at taobao or tmall directly will give you better results.
That's what I tried as well, but I don't know all the brands on Ali E :)
Now looking at Baolilong, Holuns, Sangdo and Landu. Brands I've never seen on eBay (apart from the two Baolilongs I've bought on an ebay auction). there are probably a hundred other watchbrands of decent quality out there that I don't know. Guess I need to spend some time to figure those out.

With regards to TaoBao and Tmall, I have no experience using an agent, but with Ali Express, at least you can ship items to Europe without an agent, that's why I searched on Ali.
Then again, never having used an agent shouldn't stop me, so I might have to give TaoBao and Tmall a go as well.

·
Registered
256 Posts
A few weeks ago I went a little nuts on AE. I bought 18 watches for $135. They are trickling in. One DOA so far. They have interesting watches if you stay away from the no name replicas. I see some of the watches being sold on Ebay for 40% more.

I was wondering what is a good name Chinese watch. Seagull seems to be popular.

EDITED: Most of the watches were junk..The watch that was DOA really wasn't. Apparently the small dial second hand was just for looks......LOL All the $18 chronos had non operating small wheel hands. It is stated for looks only. I missed that. I threw about 8 of them away...A waste of $80 or so.
I did keep a few that were ok like a Parnis and a few three hand watches. But all in all Buyer Beware . You can get some good watches there for the money but Wal Marts Armitron brand has better Chronos at the same prices.

READ the entire page and you won't be disappointed with some.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
A few weeks ago I went a little nuts on AE. I bought 18 watches for $135. They are trickling in. One DOA so far. They have interesting watches if you stay away from the no name replicas. I see some of the watches being sold on Ebay for 40% more.

I was wondering what is a good name Chinese watch. Seagull seems to be popular.

EDITED: Most of the watches were junk..The watch that was DOA really wasn't. Apparently the small dial second hand was just for looks......LOL All the $18 chronos had non operating small wheel hands. It is stated for looks only. I missed that. I threw about 8 of them away...A waste of $80 or so.
I did keep a few that were ok like a Parnis and a few three hand watches. But all in all Buyer Beware . You can get some good watches there for the money but Wal Marts Armitron brand has better Chronos at the same prices.

READ the entire page and you won't be disappointed with some.
Two of the best Chinese watches are Beijing Watch Factory and Tianjin Sea-Gull. Beijing watches usually start around $500 and are like the Grand Seiko of China.but I just found one on AE for around $164 shipped. You can find a few Sea-Gulls around $115 (M186S on AliEx or Amazon), on up to around $400. Parnis often uses Sea-Gull movements, especially the hand-wind varieties.

There are also some Hong Kong watch companies, like DOM and Sangdo (Sander). They are moderately priced, but many of their watches are rated water resistant to 100M or 200M and feature sapphire (coated?) crystals. DOM offers both quartz and automatics models, while most Sangdos I've seen use Dixmont automatic movements. Both make mostly homage designs.

26obf0g3adihk.jpg roman186frontdial.jpg

HTB1Dk0hFVXXXXbWXVXXq6xXFXXXM.jpg HTB1QwfyFVXXXXapXVXXq6xXFXXXW.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
I regularly purchase off .........s - Watches, Artwork and Figurines for work!

My advise would be to read the description carefully, as other members have mentioned they do list if dials are for aesthetics only. Of all the watches I've purchased only one was a dud - which was replaced by the seller. This brings me onto my second point - Seller reviews! You can filter by seller rating they have a medal system for verified sellers - Crowns/Diamonds are top sellers people with no selling history/reviews would be avoided.

You may have to wait 15-30 days for delivery but there are some great finds if you sift through them!

I just purchased this: http://www..........s.com/item/2014...-quality-PU-strap-Wrist-watch/2039369285.html

It came after 10 days and works fine - looks ok! Don't expect them to last forever as they are fashion watches really, but if you look after them then they can last a long time!

Couple of my Ekyi and Jaragar's have lasted over a year or two!

Any questions let me know! :)

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
I regularly purchase off .........s - Watches, Artwork and Figurines for work!

My advise would be to read the description carefully, as other members have mentioned they do list if dials are for aesthetics only. Of all the watches I've purchased only one was a dud - which was replaced by the seller. This brings me onto my second point - Seller reviews! You can filter by seller rating they have a medal system for verified sellers - Crowns/Diamonds are top sellers people with no selling history/reviews would be avoided.

You may have to wait 15-30 days for delivery but there are some great finds if you sift through them!

I just purchased this: http://www..........s.com/item/2014...-quality-PU-strap-Wrist-watch/2039369285.html

It came after 10 days and works fine - looks ok! Don't expect them to last forever as they are fashion watches really, but if you look after them then they can last a long time!

Couple of my Ekyi and Jaragar's have lasted over a year or two!

Any questions let me know! :)
Only the under $15 quartz watches tend to have fake sub-dials. If you are willing to spend a bit more money you can get some pretty nice stuff. Sangdo has a few watches for $70-80 that are Planet Ocean or Aqua Terra homages with sapphire crystals and 100M WR.

HTB1OnldHpXXXXaVapXXq6xXFXXX1.jpg HTB12N1RGVXXXXcPXpXXq6xXFXXXU.jpg

·
Registered
271 Posts
But D*MN it's hard to find interesting watches without having to go through 80% replica's! Since it (literally) make me feel sick to think about buying a replica, I want to see only the 'normal' Chinese branded watches, or clean dials, with no logo. I'm a huge fan of homages, but replica is a no go.
You must be using the wrong search terms or maybe price range if your seeing 80% replicas. I searched "pilot watch" and after several pages I saw one watch with a Swiss manufacturer name blurred out. There are problems with the site with replicas, but Ali is obviously trying to do something because Swiss names and logo images seem to be banned. While they don't have a pristine reputation saying it's 80% replicas creates a worse impression than they deserve.

·
Registered
12 Posts
A few weeks ago I went a little nuts on AE. I bought 18 watches for $135
At $7.50 per watch what sort of quality did you expect ? With shipping costs, Ali fees and seller mark up, very little is left for the watch itself.

For that price you could have got 1 or 2 decent watches and enjoyed owning them.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,198 Posts
How is the SHUNYOUSHI brand?
"Geneve"
"Swiss Made"
"Superlative Chronometer Officially Certified"
"Submariner"
...etc... :roll:

I also noticed that in many photos the "Shunyoshi" logo is sharper than the rest of the image, as if it had been photoshopped over a photo of a famous brand watch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just found this website wich explain what are .........s hidden links and offers, it is worth reading to find interresting deals :)
aliwishlist.com/.........s/how-to-find-hidden-links-or-offers-on-.........s/

·
Registered
860 Posts
I have used Ali...express a lot to buy Parnis watches and have had no problems whatsoever. In fact, some of my best Parnis watches are from Ali....express, but I generally spend in the $100USD range. I've bought two Guanqin watches using Ali....express. Guanqin is often good value. I have a few watches from Ali....express that have sapphire crystal and keep very accurate time. If you spend $15USD, you couldn't expect much though.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I usually put the watches that are interesting in my shopping cart and keep an eye out for feedback, especially when there are pictures posted it is a good opportunity to see what you get. Also, most sellers respond well if you ask them for qc pics, and if they are replicas it'll become clear before you actually purchase.

80% replicas is bullocks, you don't need to exaggerate to make a point. If you run in to a replica seller, simply report them and Alie will remove them.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Only the under $15 quartz watches tend to have fake sub-dials. If you are willing to spend a bit more money you can get some pretty nice stuff. Sangdo has a few watches for $70-80 that are Planet Ocean or Aqua Terra homages with sapphire crystals and 100M WR.
HoustonReal, that's an ST16, right? ;-)

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Dang, those Sangdo Rolex homages look more blinky and nicer than my real plain Rolex. I want I want. I ordered my Benyar last Sunday from AliE and it is still awaiting shipment. No idea what is going on, but they have not charged my credit card as of Friday so I am not concerned. I am still new to the Ali thing. I ordered my Starking from Amazon as i get protection from Amazon.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
I usually put the watches that are interesting in my shopping cart and keep an eye out for feedback, especially when there are pictures posted it is a good opportunity to see what you get. Also, most sellers respond well if you ask them for qc pics, and if they are replicas it'll become clear before you actually purchase.

80% replicas is bullocks, you don't need to exaggerate to make a point. If you run in to a replica seller, simply report them and Alie will remove them.
While there are still a few replica sellers left on Ali Express, they have to be subtle not to get kicked off. Alibaba had actively worked to get rid of fakes and replicas, and have made great strides in the past five years. Of course, legal "homage" models are all over the place.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 50 Posts