WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

What should I do?

• Flip the EZM3 and the 142 D1

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Flip the EZM3 and the Doxa

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • Flip all 3 watches

Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Come to your senses and stick with what you have.

Votes: 32 45.7%
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
11,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, as I posted in my other thread, https://www.watchuseek.com/f2/my-bremont-experience-timeless-luxury-watches-1078133.html, I had an evening with Bremont yesterday. I never really had the brand on my radar before but spending time with the rep and actually checking out the watches put them right at the top spot for me. I really appreciate the history of the company and their vision and, more importantly, I completely fell in love with some of their watches.

At this event I discovered my grail. I tried on an MBII and it not only was a perfect fit size-wise for my wrist, but it was also a perfect fit for me personally. Brett (CitizenM) can attest to the fact that I instantly fell in love with it. We were walking around the store talking about other watches at times but I always ended up back at the Bremont display to look at it and try it on.

So now my question is should I flip some or all of my top watches to get it. I could conceivably flip my Sinn EZM3, Sinn 142 D1 and Doxa 1500T Pro and fund it but that would leave me with the MBII and then all affordable watches. So my question is whether it's a good idea to go for it at all. It's a watch I only discovered yesterday but I did instantly feel drawn to it. I could also flip 2 of them and fund the rest separately. The EZM3 is on the chopping block regardless since I find it a little too small. I absolutely love the Doxa but it's also something I could conceivably replace one day. The 142 D1 would be extremely hard to replace and is my current favorite.

Though I spend a majority of my time over in F71, this is certainly a question more suited to the Public forum with the amount of money on the line. So I need some thoughts about this and, dare I say, level heads to talk me down if necessary.

The watch I want:
Bremont MBII
20140829_193450.jpg
20140829_193500.jpg
20140829_193452.jpg

The watches potentially to flip:
Sinn EZM3
C360_2014-06-28-17-57-14-271.jpg

Sinn 142 D1
20140808_175936.jpg

Doxa 1500T
20140815_144725.jpg

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Im a fan of Bremont, although I don't own one yet. You know how ut is, give it about 2-3 weeks. If you still lust for it, do it. Sell your EZM and Doxa if you are not feeling them anymore as much

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I would flip all three, because those you have the not to my taste. I love the Bremont though!

But, would one quality watch be enough for you?

·
Registered
11,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would flip all three, because those you have the not to my taste. I love the Bremont though!

But, would one quality watch be enough for you?
To be honest it might be difficult. I tend to find myself wearing 3 watches in my collection lately. I wear the 142 D1, the Doxa and an affordable Tempest Viking. So I'd still have the Viking but the other 2 I would certainly miss. I do have an incoming Lum-Tec M38 which I intend to flip anyway (it was a trade to get a watch that was more sellable) and I could flip my L&H Spectre but those together might get me only about $700 whereas any of the others would be well over $1000 each. I'm also finally doing something I should have done years ago and I'm going to sell about half of my 1,500+ DVD/BD collection since I only watch less than half of those movies.

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
I prefer the three you have to the Bremont.
Yep.

As much as Bremont's designs and their story appeal, my opinion is that they are overpriced. In time my opinion may evolve with the brand.

Check your pulse after a few weeks as has been suggested. Then do the deed, whatever it is destined to be.

·
Registered
556 Posts
No I wouldn't. Don't quite understand Bremont, but it seems to be highly thought of. Besides all your watches are on bracelets, the Bremont is on a Strap. Something to think about.

Is there anyway to hold on to the ones you have & save for the Bremont. Unless of course you don't like or want what you have, then it's time to let them go. Only you can really answer that question. Good Luck!

·
Registered
604 Posts
I'd be inclined to stick with what you have, but I don't lust after the Bremont; so not really valid, just my opinion.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I flipped some of my top watches for one and I'm very happy about it. I agree with the advice to think about it for a while though. I thought about my transaction for months and didn't pull the trigger when I had the opportunity twice, and in the end, it took a phone call from the AD telling me they had one and "this is the deal" for me to box up some of my precious, very loved pieces and send for trade in.

I couldn't even give them a last look goodbye as I may not have done it. The question I ultimately asked myself was "is there any watch I'm flipping that I like as much as the one I'm getting?" The answer was no....so I did it.

The one or two that I miss the most will likely find their way back into my watch box, but I am enjoying the pared down rotation very much.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I find the 142 D1 Sinn as good looking as the Bremont. The other Sinn and the Doxa are less attractive and versatile.

I'd keep the one Sinn, sell the other two and buy the Bremont Codebreaker or Wright!

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
I think if the Bremont had a bracelet I might be more inclined to like it. In that price range I just feel that a sport watch should come with a bracelet.

·
Registered
8,206 Posts
It is the best looking Bremont in the lineup but NO. I used to a least appreciate the company's history but, I am sorry, I can't agree with this company's vision. I would not buy a single Bremont. Not only they are overpriced, but also

Bremont is not worth it.

Keep your three.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I prefer the Bremont to your EZM and DOXA and were it me, would sell those to get the MBII. That said, being one that is prone to jump into things quickly, I would recommend following the advice of others here and giving it a few weeks before making a move. I've found that with watches, with the exception of a few models, something always comes along that is as good or better than what I initially had my eye on.

·
Registered
495 Posts
The Bremont is like Marmite. You either love it or hate it. I hate it! You have two classic Sinns there as well as a great Doxa. The Bremont is just insipid by comparison.

It sounds as if you're infatuated with the Bremont. Give it a month and you'll be over it.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Flip the Doxa and one of the Sinns. Save for the rest of the funds and by then your thoughts might have changed. IMO I don't think the Bremont is worth the money.

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Question, is that red, rubber,plastic or metal?
Rubber, plastic deteriorates with age....How long b/4 you replace it?
Or is that not an issue?

1 - 20 of 118 Posts