WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In typical "me" fashion, I have saved all of my packing, cleaning, etc. before my 6AM flight tomorrow (for which I have to wake up at 3AM) until 10:30PM tonight.

BUT. Instead of packing, I "made" a watch case inspired by some threads I've seen here. Pelican 1120 with pipe insulation pillows for the few watches I'm taking with me.

I owe some people here many beers for documenting this process so well.

This is how my watches will fly tomorrow, even if my clothes don't.

·
Premium Member
Something ordinary
17,353 Posts
Nice watch box, nicer watches!

·
Registered
604 Posts
In typical "me" fashion, I have saved all of my packing, cleaning, etc. before my 6AM flight tomorrow (for which I have to wake up at 3AM) until 10:30PM tonight.

BUT. Instead of packing, I "made" a watch case inspired by some threads I've seen here.
I KNEW it couldn't be just me that did stuff like that ! :)

My hat off to you, Sir: Your priorities are well and truly in the correct order.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like you got the homage of the invicta box:-d.
Actually I realized this after I got the box... I figure it helps in two ways. 1) Who *really* wants to steal an Invicta and 2) If someone does, you can see the case from across the terminal.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
If I was travelling with watches that nice I'd want a decent box too.
So do I but, I don't ......when I travel? prefer a single, multipurpose watch that I don't have to take off my wrist at the pool/beach and will serve me as well at a fancy dinner later on, just before the Opera ;-)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Actually I realized this after I got the box... I figure it helps in two ways. 1) Who *really* wants to steal an Invicta and 2) If someone does, you can see the case from across the terminal.
I think number 2 isn't really a positive when the robber finds two breitlings and two omegas in the box instead of that prized invicta

1 - 12 of 12 Posts