WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a few people mention that these straps are prone to breaking. Has anyone ordered a few from PAC parts/TicTac shop and tested them to see how frail they are? Unlike testing the gw9400 lugs, this wouldn't cost a lot since it's supposed to be just the strap attachment that fails.

·
Registered
418 Posts
The strap attachment wouldn't survive the typical "run over" test if the watch face would be facing up. The strap attachment would also not survive if, while on your wrist, it would be squeezed from both sides at lugs at a high force (I'd be glad it would break so I can free my hand). Or of course if you send it unprotected and someone throws a heavy package on it, similar to "run over" test.

In short, while on your wrist, it should be absolutely okay. I don't think not surviving run over test is very relevant.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
News to me - where are the 'few people" - do you have a source? Any photographic evidence?

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
The strap attachment wouldn't survive the typical "run over" test if the watch face would be facing up. The strap attachment would also not survive if, while on your wrist, it would be squeezed from both sides at lugs at a high force (I'd be glad it would break so I can free my hand). ....
As close fitting as the strap is on my skinny wrist, anything squeezing hard enough to break the strap is going to crush my arm and the watch will be the least of my worries.

In short, while on your wrist, it should be absolutely okay. I don't think not surviving run over test is very relevant.
Agreed 1,000%

I saw this post on reddit last week, he broke his strap, but he hasn't said how yet. https://www.reddit.com/r/gshock/comments/iht8gx

·
Registered
972 Posts
Before I bought the B5000G-1 I asked about it and someone here did come forward who had also experienced a strap failure. They replaced it and haven't had a problem since. Maybe it was the first batch that had issues, who knows. I weighed the strap factor in my decision, but in the end still went with it.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Before I bought the B5000G-1 I asked about it and someone here did come forward who had also experienced a strap failure. They replaced it and haven't had a problem since. Maybe it was the first batch that had issues, who knows. I weighed the strap factor in my decision, but in the end still went with it.

I often wear my modded GMW-B5000D-1 with the GMW-B5000-1 2nd generation resin strap and continue to experience zero problems with it.

·
G-Shock Mod
14,175 Posts
Under 'normal" use, it will be hard to break the lugs / stray while the watch is on your wrist. I can imagine if you throw it in your gym bag, and it gets really rough, then I imagine maybe there is a possibility that you can break it. But that would be a long shot as well.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over this though. Nothing is indestructible. There is always a way to break it, if you look hard enough.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Guy smashes a GShock into a USPS small flat rate with no protection and only the connection point fails? I would say that is proof of how tough they are! I dare anyone to do that with a Rolex or Grand Seiko.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts