WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Guy smashes a GShock into a USPS small flat rate with no protection and only the connection point fails? I would say that is proof of how tough they are! I dare anyone to do that with a Rolex or Grand Seiko.
Who said "smashes"?

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
once again, a couple rare incidents of misuse equates to "prone", if you bend your finger backwards enough it would be "prone to breaking" too 🤣

i'll tell you what i tell my toddler when she says stuff like "when i do this * pressing her eye* it hurts"... THEN DONT DO IT! 😂

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I am a G shock fan and have been for decades, but I do think the political adage that "if you're explaining, you're losing" applies here for Casio. This development is unequivocally bad publicity and they should fix. Too much blind, greedy focus on increasing sales thru overstretched new models beyond their core strengths starting to show cracks. Frankly they're lucky it took this long and I hope they take note. Happens to most brands eventually.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I agree Casio is making stupid amount of watches. To be honest, I dislike most G-Shock watches produced, I love squares though. But I wouldn't say this strategy has made their products worse. The strap really isn't a weakpoint, you either have to bend it like crazy or put it flat on the ground and jump on it. None of that will ever happen while on your wrist, so I don't see any problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well
I am a user that has the exact problem described! Bought the watch new in The Netherlands and after a while with totally normal usage the feable red plastic attachment just gave in, just like the picture. Totally crap if you ask me. Plus, no guarantee, booh Casio. Overthinking what to do now. New one will be the same problem. Attachments for Nylon have even weaker push pins [2] so maybe a 50 usd fake metal strap from ebay... very poor build!!!

·
Registered
645 Posts
not sure what the change is, but there is a new part number that supersedes the old strap
my guess is that more than a few people broke the first strap

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I'd like to believe that the updated part is improved, but who knows why exactly it was revised, if at all.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I agree Casio is making stupid amount of watches. To be honest, I dislike most G-Shock watches produced, I love squares though. But I wouldn't say this strategy has made their products worse. The strap really isn't a weakpoint, you either have to bend it like crazy or put it flat on the ground and jump on it. None of that will ever happen while on your wrist, so I don't see any problem.
Not only that, but Casio is making lots of weird styles and colors. They're churning them out like hotcakes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well
I am a user that has the exact problem described! Bought the watch new in The Netherlands and after a while with totally normal usage the feable red plastic attachment just gave in, just like the picture. Totally crap if you ask me. Plus, no guarantee, booh Casio. Overthinking what to do now. New one will be the same problem. Attachments for Nylon have even weaker push pins [2] so maybe a 50 usd fake metal strap from ebay... very poor build!!!
Yeah, I've joined the failed resin strap club today. Mine is a black attachment model. My original 5600 is still on its original strap so a little disappointing. It was on my wrist, and I knocked the face against a draw as I walked past, certainly not a huge snack. It will be interesting to see what the price at my local watch dealer is...

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I wonder why the B5000 was intentionally designed to not be able to take the B5600 strap. Here's my B5600 (Kobe). It's one piece.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I wonder why the B5000 was intentionally designed to not be able to take the B5600 strap. Here's my B5600 (Kobe). It's one piece.
I don't think it's so much a case of Casio intentionally designing the Full Metals not to accept standard 16 mm G-Shock resin bands, but rather a case of Casio intentionally designing the Full Metals to use the MUCH more robust (and IMHO "premium") three-points-of-contact screw bar system they ultimately went with. The head of the Full Metal (case/cushioning/bezel) weighs almost 80 grams, and that's a lot more weight than I would feel comfortable putting on two meager 16 mm spring bars, even before we add in the bracelet, which weighs another 80 grams.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts