WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello chums, I picked this up yesterday, a nice pocket watch retailed by Allworthy bros, 15 high st Camden Town

Just a nice, quiet, unassuming little watch, so what really attracted me to it, well,

This lovely Labrador movement, it looks great quality to my eyes, screwed in chatons and the Reeds regulator just lifted it up from the norm for me.

Oh, am I correct in thinking there’s a link between Labrador and Omega?

Matt

Brought to you by HYPNOTOAD

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I really like this one, the new chain is a slightly different shade of gold but it's something I can live with until I can find a better match.

Matt

·
Registered
586 Posts
Beautiful watch Matt. I thought it looked rather Omega like when I saw it and it turns out the two are very much related.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Nice! The serial number is under dial, should date to about 1894-1900
Labrador does not have a link with Omega, IT IS Omega :) It's what later became Omega, and these are very high quality pieces
I have one ~126 years old, preparing a thread for it

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Beautiful watch Matt. I thought it looked rather Omega like when I saw it and it turns out the two are very much related.
It’s funny you should say it looks rather Omega, I thought that even before I saw the movement.
I don’t know quite what it is in the Louis Brandt/Omega designed watches but it’s definitely there if you’re used to looking at them.

Matt

Brought to you by HYPNOTOAD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts