WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Thanks for the pic skyhook, but is that a picture from a real Master Blue that you have right now? I'm dying to see what the back looks like. Also, I thought the LCD was blue too and not just the backlight. Will need to wait to see it for real to give an opinion:-!

Ooops! Just saw it on Yahoo Japan, but not so good picture. This looks better:

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
The DB looks great, but man do I love the MB frog...:p:p:p

Can't wait for it|>

I know it doesn't look real special to some of you guys, but for me, being able to own my first frog and a MB at that... it's a dream come true..:-!

Don't get me wrong though, before the MB was announced I was gunning for the DB too but gold accents just isn't my thing.. Then came news about the MB edition... Now, I had a choice..:-d So there you go, MB first, DB 2nd in my book.. but both look great... |>|>

regards,

Kirk M.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
The DB looks great, but man do I love the MB frog...:p:p:p

Can't wait for it|>

I know it doesn't look real special to some of you guys, but for me, being able to own my first frog and a MB at that... it's a dream come true..:-!

Don't get me wrong though, before the MB was announced I was gunning for the DB too but gold accents just isn't my thing.. Then came news about the MB edition... Now, I had a choice..:-d So there you go, MB first, DB 2nd in my book.. but both look great... |>|>

regards,

Kirk M.
Yes, know how you feel Bro, and I have a feeling the MB will rock in person. :-!

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
i think that rather grainy photo isnt doing the MB any favours, i for one cant wait to see the many shots of it that are going to appear on here shortly |>

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
I dig it. And it does look like the LCD is a dark blue, with a blue backlight. If only they weren't so expensive...

And I'm surprised they don't have an atomic Frogman yet (or am I mistaken?).

Ah...so many G's...so little cash.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the pic skyhook, but is that a picture from a real Master Blue that you have right now? I'm dying to see what the back looks like. Also, I thought the LCD was blue too and not just the backlight. Will need to wait to see it for real to give an opinion:-!

Ooops! Just saw it on Yahoo Japan, but not so good picture. This looks better:

Hi Gameboy,

The sample pictures of the MB frogman are very misleading. Some show that the LCD is blue while the rest show a plain LCD. Hope its not the latter.<|

cheers~
SKy

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Hi Gameboy,

The sample pictures of the MB frogman are very misleading. Some show that the LCD is blue while the rest show a plain LCD. Hope its not the latter.<|

cheers~
SKy
I always thought they were black...

...you reckon they could have a dark blue LCD?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Just got off the phone with Casio Singapore, maybe, maybe this frogman might turn up here. Stay tuned.
Pat, you da man, your G-Shock investigative skills are much appreciated. Were the people at Casio aware of the model or were they completely blur-sotong [sic], confused [sic] when you mentioned it.

A better chance of release here if they actually knew before hand about the model :-! ya?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Pat, you da man, your G-Shock investigative skills are much appreciated. Were the people at Casio aware of the model or were they completely blur-sotong [sic], confused [sic] when you mentioned it.

A better chance of release here if they actually knew before hand about the model :-! ya?

The marketing manager spoke to her Japanese boss yesterday who was visiting Singapore, she called me earlier in the day to ask if the MB froggie would move.

I said yes, as there are quite a number of frogman collectors and hoarders here :-!

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
The marketing manager spoke to her Japanese boss yesterday who was visiting Singapore, she called me earlier in the day to ask if the MB froggie would move.

I said yes, as there are quite a number of frogman collectors and hoarders here :-!
Amazing that they're so ignorant of markets in their own region. :-s :think:

While you were talking, did ask them to stop making these pathetic limited runs and artificially inflating the prices?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Amazing that they're so ignorant of markets in their own region. :-s :think:

While you were talking, did ask them to stop making these pathetic limited runs and artificially inflating the prices?

I believe the prices were set by Casio Japan, and the froggies do tend to cost more to manufacture.

I'll give her a ring tomorrow and echo your sentiments regarding the sad state of the limited runs. :-!

The MB froggies were never destined for Singapore, the manager was kind enough to be aware of the fervant following over here, that's why she asked me casually. At least she was kind enough to find out, I do not think Seiko bothers as compared to Casio.

I'm no expert on G-Shocks but I know there are some folks here who would buy 3-4 of a Frogman release just because.

·
Registered
79 Posts

Couldn't agree with you more on that..kudos to Pat!:-!
Really appreciate the info..and i must admit this is what
i call good customer service!:-d

·
Registered
79 Posts

Frogman collectors - |>, Frogman hoarders - <| ...:-d

1 - 20 of 23 Posts