WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently notices some scratches on the crystal of my Alpha Daytona Paul Newman. I'm wondering if someone else had the same experience and would recommend me something to buff them out? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I've the same watch; the crystal is acrylic, you can use polywatch or similar, and in few seconds it will be again as new.

Ciao

Engi

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I've the same watch; the crystal is acrylic, you can use polywatch or similar, and in few seconds it will be again as new.

Ciao

Engi
Does that only work on acrylic? I have a 1940's Bulova with some scratches. I assume the crystal is glass.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,501 Posts
Does that only work on acrylic? I have a 1940's Bulova with some scratches. I assume the crystal is glass.
I would expect acrylic on a 1940s watch.

Silicate ('mineral') glass is a lot harder to polish and really needs a machine to grind out a scratch. If your Bulova really is glass, it would be easier to get it replaced with acrylic.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I would expect acrylic on a 1940s watch.

Silicate ('mineral') glass is a lot harder to polish and really needs a machine to grind out a scratch. If your Bulova really is glass, it would be easier to get it replaced with acrylic.
Thanks for the info. Is there an easy way for a person with no knowledge (like me) to tell if my Bulova is glass or acrylic?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts