WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had 3 Alpha subs to date, but the milsub design captured what I was really looking for out of one. The only problem being that I still have some trouble swallowing a 20mm strap. Always feels a little dainty to me, especially on a mil inspired piece.

It showed up today and the Nato just didn't wow me. So, I had this ammo leather strap laying around without a watch, and notched it out and strapped it on. Love what it did for this design. So much "tougher" and a more substantial presence on the wrist.

I realize that it looks a little unfinished, but that was the intent. Sorta seems like something a fictional soldier might fashion in the field due to pure necessity. That utilitarian feel is where I thought this version of the watch would shine.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Anyone got a Milsub on a tan zulu or nato band? I'd like to see a good pic of one, I think it might be my next watch.

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
That looks great - I love the concept too.
The Milsub was next on my to buy list but I've just picked up an Alpha Speedy at a price I couldn't resist on ebay so it will have to wait until I've replenished my watch fund/brownie points(!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts