WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts

This one has the Miyota 8200 series automatic movement, AFAIK it`s the only Alpha that uses a Miyota movement.

BTW I`ve got one and it`s a really nice piece of kit.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,345 Posts
I agree, that's the Miyota model. I think they offer that one specifically for buyers who demand Miyota (hence the display-back), however I'm not convinced that you'd be getting better value than one with a Sea-Gull movement. Does the designation "Miyota - Japan" really mean that the movement was finished in Japan, or are ebauches shipped to Miyota-China in Guangzhou for finishing closer to the factories of the producers that buy the movements? And considering that it's being cased-up by the same people who build the other Alphas, will it necessarily perform any better?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I agree, that's the Miyota model. I think they offer that one specifically for buyers who demand Miyota (hence the display-back), however I'm not convinced that you'd be getting better value than one with a Sea-Gull movement. Does the designation "Miyota - Japan" really mean that the movement was finished in Japan, or are ebauches shipped to Miyota-China in Guangzhou for finishing closer to the factories of the producers that buy the movements? And considering that it's being cased-up by the same people who build the other Alphas, will it necessarily perform any better?
Good point, I bought mine because I liked the look of the watch not because it had the Miyota movement, personally I`d rather it didn`t have a display back as good though the Miyota 8200 series are IMHO they aren`t the best looking movement in the world.
I do have five other Alpha watches with Chinese movements that I`m very happy with and plan to get more in the future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts