WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
26,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ALPHA Panda

A look a bit more modern for the Panda b-)

On the pics, the rubber is a dust catcher :-$ (not that bad in real life ;-) )

Wristshots :

·
Registered
724 Posts
i have to admit, your PN looks great with the new silicone band. I really don't like them with the metal bracelet anyways...

·
Registered
26,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have to admit, your PN looks great with the new silicone band. I really don't like them with the metal bracelet anyways...
:thanks B

It makes a nice change indeed.

But I quite like both the leather/steel options, too ;-)

Quite a versatile watch b-)

·
Registered
724 Posts
It makes a nice change indeed.

But I quite like both the leather/steel options, too ;-)
your panda, I dont know how the white balance is on it, but is the dial more of a creme? because i think a little more rich of a creme/that brown strap combo is absolutely killer!

·
Registered
26,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
your panda, I dont know how the white balance is on it, but is the dial more of a creme? because i think a little more rich of a creme/that brown strap combo is absolutely killer!
Thx brew ! Yes, the dial is creme. Well, the brown leather strap is the most frequently found around here… it sure is a fantastic combo :)

Reactions: Ric Capucho

·
Registered
634 Posts
Nice! I really like the look of silicone straps. What is a good place to get one, along with the deployment buckle?

·
Registered
26,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice! I really like the look of silicone straps. What is a good place to get one, along with the deployment buckle?
Hi aron :)

I got this one at WatchBandCenter.
They're based in Germany. I ordered several bands from them and so far, no troubles (I'm currently awaiting a carbon fiber strap and a white leather band).

Quality is nice, prices are OK :-!

http://www.watch-band-center.com/watchstrap-p1881h331s340-Watch-band-20mm-sili.html

This one is very basic, but they offer several stamped models...
http://www.watch-band-center.com/watchstrap-s340h331-Watch-bands-20mm.html

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,198 Posts
This makes me think the Panda might look good on one of those 'President' style rubber straps.

·
Registered
26,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This makes me think the Panda might look good on one of those 'President' style rubber straps.

Something like that ? :think:

·
Registered
26,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
26,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ALPHA Panda - MESH

For you, Jocke ;-)

The so-so buckle :

Wristshots :

CONCLUSION ?

I was sure it would be an amazing combo, but in the end, I'm not thrilled, the mojo is not there.

So, for my taste, FOR NOW, with THIS BAND, I'm not convinced. Mesh doesn't enhance the Panda, it's a first :think:

I think it should work better with a thicker mesh, this one may be too thin :think:

Anyway, I'll sleep on it, and see if the feeling has evolved after the night b-)

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I think it do look good on mesh but maybe it's a bit to thin, still a very vintage feeling over that :think:. Thanks a lot Reno btw for posting pics so quickly :)

·
Registered
26,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think it do look good on mesh but maybe it's a bit to thin, still a very vintage feeling over that :think:. Thanks a lot Reno btw for posting pics so quickly :)
No prob, I wanted to try this anyway. Well, in the end, it's not my cuppa ;-)

So, it's already back on the OEM bracelet :-d

Reactions: Ric Capucho

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
The bracelet suit it well too;-) Still if I like the PN and if I can sell some things maybe I'll go with a Omega Mesh... with a 20mm I can allways keep it for the future Submariner :-d

·
Registered
26,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
261 Posts

·
Registered
26,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·