WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,
I have slim wrists and when I purchased my TT1931 Reverso the oem strap didn't fit right as it was too long, even on the last stap hole. I really wanted a brown strap for my reverso and took a long hard look at a brown cordovan Casa Fagliano but at $500 USD and several month wait list, I was hesitant.

My previous post : https://www.watchuseek.com/f419/oem-brown-croc-strap-tt1931-2117298.html

I put on a brown Nomos Cordovan shell on my reverso and initially enjoyed it but as you may know with Reversos, without the proprietary inserts there is the infamous strap over hang. The over hang started to bother me to the point of me not wearing my TT1931 much.

I then ordered a custom vintage-style brown calf strap that was 5mm thick to hide the lug over hang ( similar to what a Fagliano strap does), and had it tapered to 2mm at the buckle because I didn't want the strap to be too bulky.

Strap over hang:

Here are some quick photos of the new strap.

What do you guys think? I'm personally thrilled with the results and brought back the TT1931 love for me!

Reactions: GNP1979

·
Registered
15,919 Posts
Lovely color, brings out the subtle hues of the dial and indexes, nice . . .

Reactions: qtip.416

·
Registered
805 Posts
Very nice option. Interesting touch having the "JL" engraved on the buckle. There is definitely less lug overhang than even on TT1931 with the Fagliano strap.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thank you, gentleman.

I put my spare OEM JLC buckle on the custom strap to make it look more official. :)

If either of you ever want to sell your custom short Fagliano straps, please PM me!

Very nice option. Interesting touch having the "JL" engraved on the buckle. There is definitely less lug overhang than even on TT1931 with the Fagliano strap.
Lovely color, brings out the subtle hues of the dial and indexes, nice . . .

Reactions: drhr

·
Registered
805 Posts
Thank you, gentleman.

I put my spare OEM JLC buckle on the custom strap to make it look more official. :)

If either of you ever want to sell your custom short Fagliano straps, please PM me!
My mistake. In the photo the buckle had a dark color to it so I assumed it was not OEM.

I think I am keeping my Fagliano "forever" what with the cost and long anxious wait time I went through. :) I also really like it and there really was no other strap out there that came close for me, which is why I paid the price of admission. I even toyed with the idea or ordering another one now because of the long lead time and probably inevitable price increase in the future.

·
Registered
15,919 Posts
My mistake. In the photo the buckle had a dark color to it so I assumed it was not OEM.

I think I am keeping my Fagliano "forever" what with the cost and long anxious wait time I went through. :) I also really like it and there really was no other strap out there that came close for me, which is why I paid the price of admission. I even toyed with the idea or ordering another one now because of the long lead time and probably inevitable price increase in the future.
Yes, may not be "forever" but it's well made enough that it will be a long time before I need to replace. Your rationale is also the reason I purchased two at the time . . .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts