WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Wednesday. I absolutely love the Seamaster 300, but not the original bracelet and so have defaulted to always wearing on the rubber strap. Not a Nato fan - are there any alternative bracelets across the Omega family that would fit the watch?

Thanks so much in advance!

IMG_2506.jpg

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi,
Looking for bracelets alternatives. Have it on rubber strap myself, blue dial.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Not sure what kind of bracelet you’re looking for, but I also originally purchased on rubber because I didn’t love the factory bracelet.

Eventually, I purchased factory shark mesh and a Proplof adjustable clasp from my AD, and couldn’t be happier with the final combination.

It’s very comfortable, balanced, adjustable and looks outstanding.

Omega mesh 1380/237

Omega 94522023 Ratcheting Clasp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Not sure what kind of bracelet you’re looking for, but I also originally purchased on rubber because I didn’t love the factory bracelet.

Eventually, I purchased factory shark mesh and a Proplof adjustable clasp from my AD, and couldn’t be happier with the final combination.

Omega mesh 1380/237

That looks great! But to you, the OP, and those in the same camp, what specifically about the stock bracelet turns you off?

·
Registered
470 Posts
That looks great! But to you, the OP, and those in the same camp, what specifically about the stock bracelet turns you off?
no taper, too wide and detracts from the look of the watch as its too busy with the 9 links going across it ... when the watch is new it isnt too bad as the smaller links are polished and the rest of the watch is satin brushed but once you get some wear / scuffs on the bracelet, and the contrast between the brushed / polished surfaces diminishes it just starts looking messy....

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
For me, somewhat similar thoughts to Jeelan - I don’t like the look of the smaller inner links, and when I tried it on at the AD, it just felt heavy and not super comfortable.

The shark mesh + ratcheting Proplof clap (the clasp is a necessity!) however makes for my perfect Seamaster bracelet.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Yeah the lack of taper seems to be an issue with many people. I know on the last gen Seamaster one could rock a Speedy bracelet but on the new model I think you're out of luck. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
There's something weird about the new bracelet. It's only 20mm but looks and feels like it was 22mm. The previous generation didn't feel as thick and heavy.

·
Registered
997 Posts

Omega mesh 1380/237

That looks good. How do you adjust the length of the shark mesh ? Is there some kind of micro adjustment in the clasp ?

Do you need to cut some links to size it ?

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
That looks good. How do you adjust the length of the shark mesh ? Is there some kind of micro adjustment in the clasp ?

Do you need to cut some links to size it ?

There are extensive ratcheting micro-adjustments built into the clasp, and then there’s also a dive extension. In my photos, you can see I have the extension partially out (with a ton of adjustment left).

(Borrowed this photo from the internet for demonstration purposes)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all for the replies! Definitely checking out the mesh strap, and agree on the dislikes with the OEM bracelet on the watch.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Just as a disclaimer - I have an 8” wrist and this setup fits me perfectly. However, I’ve had friends try this on and due to clasp length etc. (and their smaller wrists) - it wore loose on them, even adjusted in.

I believe his wrist was about 7”

·
Registered
73 Posts

Omega mesh 1380/237

What is the cost of this setup?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts

Omega mesh 1380/237

This is brilliant!! [Slow clap]

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
What is the cost of this setup?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
All in it’s about the same as purchasing the factory bracelet separately at your AD.

Reactions: RMerc
1 - 19 of 19 Posts