WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Alternative to De Grisogono

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  spluurfg 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi,

I'm looking for a gift for my Mom. She loves jewelry and I wanted to give her a diamond watch. I saw this De Grisogono black diamond watch and would love to have something like this for her. It's exquisite, but I can't afford it. Can anyone suggest something similar but easier on the pocket?

#4 ·
Lol, yes I have been saving for a while. My folks have shouldered most of my whims, even unreasonable ones, since I was a kid. Now that I have been making decent money, thought it's about time for payback. Max budget is 20k and white diamonds are fine -- I doubt my budget can afford black diamonds :p

#8 ·
twenty kittens can get you alot of rocks....:-!

maybe even check out a nice lady datejust or pressie from Rolex, on bracelet so she can wear it all the time. plus she would know what type of watch it is and that its higher end.

Also Michelle watches make tasteful pieces for ladies, with diamonds.

my advice is to go to your local tourneau or AD and check them out in person.

oh, i almost forgot, Omega has great ladies diamond watches! :p prolly the coolest ones. :-!

#11 ·
Thanks so much for your help. Those are cool suggestions. I personally like the Perregaux skeleton. But I'm not sure it will work on my Mom. I will just consider balancing brand popularity with the diamond design. She already has 2 models of Rolex, I think I will go for a brand she doesn't have yet. Will check out your suggestions.

#12 ·
There's so much more to watches than the brand and the diamonds. In fact, one could say, there's everything to watches aside from the brand and diamonds =P Have a look around before jumping onto a bandwagon, you should have plenty of great stuff in your price range and you should be able to wait until you find a great deal. I encourage you to look at Girard Perregaux and Jaeger LeCoultre, amongst others. JLC makes some great joailliere pieces, like the master ultra thin diamonds or the reverso duetto, to name but two examples which are aesthetically attractive and horologically interesting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.