WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm in the process of adding a couple of watches to the box.

In this case, I'm looking for an automatic, casual/informal piece. 'Military/Pilot' style seems to tick the box.

I like this Stowa on a brown non-croco strap Flieger Baumuster B - STOWA GmbH & Co.KG I really like Stowa generally in fact. That said I already have a Chronograph 1938 no-date and I do like to diversify my collection as much as I can. I'm 90% there to buying it but always happy to be educated on the options.

Staying within this budget (maximum spend around €750 - which is about $1,000 or £630) what alternatives can you suggest ?

Doesn't have to be black dial on brown leather. Open to all brands. Does not have to be new but I prefer to buy new, all things being equal. Just something that will primarily be worn at the weekend with Jeans/Slacks and a casual shirt.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I own the Laco Type B with the ETA movement and love it. Have owned a Stowa (not a Type B) in the past. The only two differences I could find between the two were the price and the wait. Get the Laco.

Reactions: Coler

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
For casual wear I prefer the bead blasted case of the Laco fliegers to the prettier Stowa brushed stainless case. The Laco's larger diameter gives it a bit more wrist presence as well. Right now you can get last years Lacos at lower prices or get the newest Laco fliegers with slightly darker grey finish and heat-blued hands for well within your budget.

Another nice thing about Laco is you don't have to wait three months to take delivery.

Don't get me wrong, I love Stowa. My Antea KS is a thing of beauty, but I sold my Stowa flieger because I prefer the more authentic-looking Laco's style.

Reactions: jimh6 and Coler
1 - 6 of 6 Posts