WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found an old thread on the subject that was about 6-7 years old, and many of the watches don't seem to be manufactured anymore. I'm not sure I'm sold on the T-Touch but prefer whatever it is has a backlight for the digital display. I'm not 100% sure it's for me...but I like the aerospace, just not willing to spend the coin on a utility watch. The victorinox that was similar to the breitling would have been perfect if it had a backlight, and if it was still for sale. But they didn't seem to replace it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
You want exact style or just analog digital with two separate LCD top/bottom and good quality?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You want exact style or just analog digital with two separate LCD top/bottom and good quality?
Similar style or slightly different, prefer Swiss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Isn’t that discontinued? I definitely wouldn’t use the flight storage but that’s not too bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
There is not much of a new watches. Victorinox is still around, but it less of a charmer comparing to Breteling.
There are Casio G-Shocks, Lineage and Edifice
Lineage my favorite because it slim.
51b66ydfdnL._UY445_.jpg
51Uv1iED4FL._UY445_.jpg
71tnGBecpnL._UL1500_.jpg
it really slim
Oceanus it full sapphire and titanium treatment.
img10544260873.jpg
img56801053.jpg
These are high grade quality fit and finish, but price is high.
Lineage is readily available, but Oceanus is very RARE. Right with all capital.
Also Citizen promaster. Both Aqua and Pilot. Not sure what it available now,
jp1010-00l_4_1_1.jpg
These could be found at Walmart and Costco at very introductory prices.
Rest is old or very old stock.
Swiss .. only omega and breteling are kicking.
Tissot with T-Touch too.
for more tacky choice
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwj4koiir-jaAhVC0oMKHajmC6sQjhx6BAgBEAM&url=https://www.amazon.com/Wenger-Unisex-70440-Analog-Digital-Display/dp/B00KH6WXBG&psig=AOvVaw0mVJxwHVBSbbF3NCoX9a36&ust=1525396580006628

Luminox Men Watch XCOR Aerospace Pilot Professional Analog Digital 5240 Series
luminox-men-watch-xcor-aerospace-pilot-professional-analog-digital-5240-series.jpg
If it would of be me and money/availability no issue i would of bought Oceanus.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually like the luminox...bummer there is no backlight on the digital.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,210 Posts
D'oh! o| I just saw an Aerospacelike on a wrist at the next table at a café a couple of hours ago. Same style numbers and all. Couldn't make out the brand or logo unfortunately, but it looked 'affordable'. Gold-coloured dial was a bit off-putting, but in another colour it would be OK. I'd have asked if I'd known that you were looking.

·
Registered
36,279 Posts
D'oh! o| I just saw an Aerospacelike on a wrist at the next table at a café a couple of hours ago. Same style numbers and all. Couldn't make out the brand or logo unfortunately, but it looked 'affordable'. Gold-coloured dial was a bit off-putting, but in another colour it would be OK. I'd have asked if I'd known that you were looking.
Here ya go...

Momentum Format 4 titanium, has what (some of) the Breitling do not.....a sweep second hand and button controlled digital instead of crown controlled.

Momentum Format 4 titanium, 100 hours stopwatch, 24 hours CDT

http://watchreport.com/momentum-format-4-titanium-review/

Momentum Format 4 Titanium Review - WatchReport.com | Real. Honest. Reviews. | Authentic Watch Reviews |

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
4 button configurations are much more ergonomic, comparing to single crown operation. If you really want to use digital functions.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,210 Posts
4 button configurations are much more ergonomic, comparing to single crown operation. If you really want to use digital functions.
I guess that is why Breitling made both the Aerospace and the B1.

·
Registered
6,208 Posts
I've been on this search forever myself.

Owned the Momentum 4 for awhile, but never bonded with it. I found the digital display quite difficult to see.

Owned the Luminox XCOR but found it a little too big. And while the "set everything off the crown" seems like it would be intuitive and nice, I actually found it a little wonky to work with.

My tack anymore is to just give up and find cheapies that I think look kind of good. I know that won't work for many of you, but...

I got this U.S. Polo Assn. fashion watch for under $20 if I recall correctly:

81fu8c-SM8L._UY445_.jpg

... and just got this Aviator F-Series for under $70 and my first impressions of it are positive:

41Alg1i9jQL._UX342_.jpg

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I'm very fortunate to own three of the watches mentioned here, namely the Breitling Aerospace Professional, the Tissot T-Touch Expert and the Luminox XCOR 5241 space-watch. I heartily recommend all three.

The Luminox actually has the same family of ETA movement as the Breitling, although Breitling add some extra tech to theirs (e.g. thermo compensation, minute repeater, etc.).

I picked up the Luminox recently for a really good price, and I think it's fantastic. It wears really nicely, and looks amazing.

The T-Touch has long been the watch I'll grab when the apocalypse comes. I've had it for maybe 8 or 9 years I guess, and I still adore it.

The Breitling was an early inheritance gift from my dad a few years ago, and I absolutely treasure it and wear it often (all the more since he passed away).

I've also owned cheapies, from brands like Infantry, and actually quite enjoyed them.

Good luck with the search, and hopefully you'll find one you like (or already have?). If so, please update us on what you chose.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts