WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do we have any suggestions of (cheaper) alternatives to GO panoreserve? I enjoy the look of the big date function and a hand wind movement.

Preferably has <= 40mm diameter. Thanks for any suggestions, pictures welcome.

Price range is set at less than 3k.

·
Premium Member
20,801 Posts
Price range?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I know about Minorva and G. Gerlach when it comes to big date watches for budget watches.
Then there is Zeppelin and Junkers that also offer big date watches in a bit higher segment.
The subdial watch I've seen in the Maurice Lacroix masterpiece series but those are closer to 6k.
Zenith has the Pilot Big Date around 5k

Perhaps:
Muehle Glashuette TeutoniaII

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Try Davosa or Epos. But they are large as are based on UNITAS 6498. Or you can ask Habring to customize one for you - it might get over 3k though. If you accept autos, there are more big date options like Eterna or other models based on ETA 2892 with a DD module for the big date.

·
Moderator at Large
53,097 Posts
What are you exactly looking for ? Something quite close to the dial design of a GO PanoReserve....

F4D7C8E9-ED48-4810-9A0A-D38CA32593B5.jpeg

....which does not exist or just a handwound watch with big date and small second ?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What are you exactly looking for ? Something quite close to the dial design of a GO PanoReserve....

View attachment 13143947

....which does not exist or just a handwound watch with big date and small second ?
You are right. The design of GO is very intriguingly unique. I am just looking for manual winding with big date. It can be big seconds, small seconds, or no seconds (preferably). Thanks for the nice pic!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Wow this is a nice looking watch.

I wonder if there is a place you can try it on in the States.

I have a GO PanomaticReserve. I think the prices for these are about the same now as when I bought it new a decade ago, aprox $7k. These were under 40mm, but not hand wind. I think they have a more balanced dial but the new Panomatic has a bit more refined dial and luminous hands.

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow this is a nice looking watch.

I wonder if there is a place you can try it on in the States.

I have a GO PanomaticReserve. I think the prices for these are about the same now as when I bought it new a decade ago, aprox $7k. These were under 40mm, but not hand wind. I think they have a more balanced dial but the new Panomatic has a bit more refined dial and luminous hands.
I envy your panoreserve.. I think the old version and new version both looks nice. Once thing I found out is that in the used market, the price is pretty coherent for the new and old design though.. I think the hour/minute display on the old version is a bit more legible at the intersection of second hands.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Hamilton makes a similar dial design (I forget the name of the style) but no date. It has the separate seconds, minutes and hours design.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
If you can stand the idea of an automatic, the Pharo Big Date II by Limes might work. 40.5mm, Ickler case, fairly svelte at 11mm, price around US$1500 without VAT.

Limes Pharo Big Date.jpeg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts