WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
It's not an issue of laziness, although I resemble that in other areas. Half my watches are manual wind so I am not averse to frequent crown twiddling.

I just don't like the look of date windows and have honestly never had a big issue knowing what today's date is. If you know what the date is on Monday, and just by the nature of my job I invariably do, the rest of the week is pretty intuitive.

So call it whatever you want but my 9 watch collection is 100% no-date.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Some people don’t like date or day date windows. I seek it out because it’s useful, so I do set it. But you do you! If a date window is meh for you, I’m not gonna hate on someone who doesn’t set it.

Well, maybe a little :D

·
Registered
412 Posts
I don't consider myself as having OCD... but I will admit that 90+% of the time, I not only set the date, I roll past 12 to make sure if I am setting to AM or PM, so that the date will not change midday. Further more, I usually set the second hand, if one is present, to match the atomic time. I usually try to do this with the second hand on the 12 marker, so that the minute hand is precisely on the correct minute marker...

Unfortunately I am not exaggerating about any of the above... I guess I like over the top precision in my time piece!

At the same time, It doesn't bother me in the slightest if others don't' set the date or time as accurately as I do - to each his own!

·
Premium Member
9,836 Posts
The only time I hesitate is when I wear this one. The pusher requires a toothpick or something soft so I don’t gouge the case.
Hand Finger Natural material Pre-engagement ring Nickel

·
Premium Member
9,836 Posts
I don't consider myself as having OCD... but I will admit that 90+% of the time, I not only set the date, I roll past 12 to make sure if I am setting to AM or PM, so that the date will not change midday. Further more, I usually set the second hand, if one is present, to match the atomic time. I usually try to do this with the second hand on the 12 marker, so that the minute hand is precisely on the correct minute marker...

Unfortunately I am not exaggerating about any of the above... I guess I like over the top precision in my time piece!
I don’t think that’s especially unusual. I’d guess this is what most of us do.

Reactions: WatchingClosely71

·
Registered
108 Posts
I sometimes set the date before I set the time and then when I set the time I forget that it's going to switch the date at noon.
I'll look down in the afternoon and my date is 1 day ahead. :cautious:
Sometimes when I get come from Chicago I'll forget to fix the time and go around all day thinking it's an hour earlier than it is.😖
But that's about the worst for me.

I like taking a minute in the mornings to wind and correct my watches, helps me wake up, but I still have a relatively small collection of auto's compared to some of you maniacs. 😁
Things might change as my collection grows.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
If I have a date on the watch I’m wearing, I simply take the time to set the date correctly during the process of setting the time accurately. It takes so little extra time, why not?

Side note, seems crazy people would get so obsessed with accuracy down to seconds per day, how could you leave a random date!?!? 🤣

·
Premium Member
24,502 Posts
I feel compelled to set the correct date for any watch I wear in rotation which is one of the primary reasons I favor simple watches without date complication.

Like today…
Exactly this.

·
Registered
47,121 Posts
Set time…..set date……put on watch.

Cant quite understand how this is not the norm?

If I had the wrong date on my watch it would confuse my aged brain even more.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Sometimes I do the same just put it on and if I set the date then I set the date. Usually if I am going to work at some point I will set the date, not in the office it may not get set.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts