WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,864 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Occasionally I have been in a hurry in the morning and forgotten to set the date. However, when I notice it later in the day, I have to stop what I'm doing and immediately fix it. I don't think I could just shrug it off and leave the incorrect date there.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Glasses Tie Dress shirt Sleeve Collar

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I don't consider myself as having OCD... but I will admit that 90+% of the time, I not only set the date, I roll past 12 to make sure if I am setting to AM or PM, so that the date will not change midday. Further more, I usually set the second hand, if one is present, to match the atomic time. I usually try to do this with the second hand on the 12 marker, so that the minute hand is precisely on the correct minute marker...

Unfortunately I am not exaggerating about any of the above... I guess I like over the top precision in my time piece!

At the same time, It doesn't bother me in the slightest if others don't' set the date or time as accurately as I do - to each his own!
I don’t think that’s especially unusual. I’d guess this is what most of us do.
I do all of this except the part setting it to the atomic time. Within a few seconds is enough for me. Also, if a watch runs a little fast, I may try to set it a few seconds behind. If it runs a little slow, set it a few seconds (or even a minute) ahead.

Also - this is one of the main reason i bought a watch winder, so i wouldn't have to set the date most days since I'm lazy.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
My main daily doesn't have a date. All good. When the watch has a date, yeah, I set it. But it's a waste of a complication. I never look at the date, ever. It's just there, costing me another 30 seconds or so for no good reason. I'm old enough to remember the date if remembering the date is necessary.

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
Sleeve Collar Tie Fixture Font

• Haha
Reactions: WatchEezy

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
I dont need to know the date.. too much hassle with the screwing and the twisting.. not worth it

·
Registered
Sinn EZM3Fz
8,038 Posts
I prefer no date dials but if it has to have a date then it is subject to being wrong occasionally. Can't see that tiny thing anyway.

·
Registered
Seiko Pogue
548 Posts
I'm trying to get better with setting my date, my short sight has gotten bad over the last few years so I can't see the date very well as it is. Probably need to get glasses soon

41 - 60 of 79 Posts