WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
If you don't care that your watch is wrong when you wear it, then I assume you don't set the time either?
Breakfast and lunch are the same time no matter what the date is. But yes, I have also said that if you don't know what day it is...why do you care what time it is?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don’t bother setting the date anymore, might be a result of working from home the 2+ years. Before it was more of a ritual of wearing a suit and having everything set proper before going to office (JLC MUT date doesn’t adjust via the crown), now I just set the time and that’s it. Also I have more non date watches now, where this is not a problem.

I also don’t worry about having accurate moon phase set either.

Watch Natural material Silver Clock Liquid

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I don’t bother setting the date anymore, might be a result of working from home the 2+ years. Before it was more of a ritual of wearing a suit and having everything set proper before going to office (JLC MUT date doesn’t adjust via the crown), now I just set the time and that’s it. Also I have more non date watches now, where this is not a problem.

I also don’t worry about having accurate moon phase set either.

View attachment 16911908
Personally I'm more and more starting to like watches without any complications. Those JLC watches are the best btw, need one in my collection soon.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Next thing you're gonna say is that you don't even care if it changes date at noon XD

• Haha
Reactions: Fahoo Forays

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I cant not set it, hence I grab a quartz when lazy :D

• Haha
Reactions: WatchEezy

·
Registered
130 Posts
I only have 7 watches so setting the day/date isn't time consuming. However, I keep my watches wound and I don't have to change it. If I did have to, it wouldn't bother me. It's just part of having that type of watch.

·
Registered
549 Posts
The worst is when I pull out a piece I haven't worn in a while and that date is just 1 day behind..... On some of my watches I can cycle backwards or forwards on the date, but on watches that cannot, it's rough having to cycle through 30 days to get back to the right date :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Out of your mind?

Absolutely need a date function on my watches so, naturally, they're always right.

There are only two watches in my collection without a date, Speedy Pro and 36mm Explorer. They're just too classic, too beautiful to not own.

·
Registered
21,772 Posts
My Seiko gets the wrong weekday for 3 hours everyday from 0:00 to 3:00.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts