WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped the hammer on two of the Invicta "our top value":think: swiss pro divers for $279 a piece on Sunday. I chose the black on silver, and the two tone blue. I thought it was a good buy given the quality of the pro diver line. Any trouble out there with those of you who own/have owned the swiss made pro divers?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
In my opinion you have two of the better Invictas. I have a couple of Invictas that I have had for over a year and they are accurate and are serving me well. I am sure though you will hear from some that are not Fans of Invicta. (Sellers Pics)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think many would agree that the swiss pro divers are a good value, and very impressive. I do not have one, but I do have an 8926 japanese pro diver, which I have had for a few years, and has taken a beating through many activities, which is a fantastic watch for the price. I also have had no problems with Invicta service, which I used after I dropped the watch.

So hey I thought it was money well spent, though there are others who would vehemently disagree...but I vote with my wrist....

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
This is what I would say "IF YOU LIKE IT" then who cares what we think.............................(ps just dont try to re-sale them) because you just might have to give them away......................:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Overall some are great and some arent you just have to pick which ones are great to you as do everyone else.

·
Registered
464 Posts
In my opinion you have two of the better Invictas. I have a couple of Invictas that I have had for over a year and they are accurate and are serving me well. I am sure though you will hear from some that are not Fans of Invicta. (Sellers Pics)

Interesting 4 hour marker on the gold watch...I thought 4 was IV not IIII. Just looks weird, maybe it is just me...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Aloha,
I am interested to know what made you choose INVICTA over some other watches in that price range?

Thanks in advance!:thanks

·
Registered
583 Posts
I got the ss myself, thought it was a good deal considering the swiss movement pro divers go for around that price(I beleive they keep a decent resale value). Keep in mind the old pro divers cant be compared in quality, these are bigger cases and swiss made, makes me wonder since I have had troubles with the swiss made Invictas over the other types...

·
Banned
3,600 Posts
I have noticed there seem to be some issues with the crown and stem of the SW200 Sellitta movements. Not issues such as everyone produced is defective, but, issues such as .....check to make sure yours is ok.

I think the Scuba has the SW200 in it although at that time they were claiming ETA 2824. But, remember the crown issue with some or part of the Scuba watches. It mostly concerns the crown pulling out to the date position or not pulling out to the date position if defective. It appears to have worked itself out in many instances I have read about, but, I have had a few Sellita Watches which also had crown stem issues. One of them was the date setting issue and the other was a winding issue where the crown did not seem to engage the winding mechanism. This was on the COSC models of the Admiral model. Not a cheap watch by any means.
The third Admiral I had purchased was running about20 seconds slow last I checked before I returned it. Not terrible for a regular watch and easily remedied by the watchmaker...more than likely,....but disturbing in a brand new watch which is COSC processed.

So, while this may be problems associated with just the Admiral and Scuba watches, it appears to be a glitch you may want to check out on the new divers. I think mine were probably returns which were shipped to me from SNBC. They didnt have wrapping on the bracelets. So, the new divers should exhibit a lower percentage of defects.

They Admirals were a gamble and the price was right. I actually loved the watch otherwise. It is a huge watche whiich has a huge dial....and I really liked it and its great bracelet.

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
I think you will be more than pleased. And there are going to be many regrets from some who missed out on the deal. I have four now with the sw200 and while Dragoon is correct about some issues with the Scuba and the Tungsten Tide in regards to crown problems. I found it was more of a production issue or assembly I should say. Lack of OC as usual. After taking apart the Scuba and re-greasing the crown tube and stem it is flawless. Also my Tungsten Tide would stick in the date setting position and as you screwed down the crown it would flip the date to the next day, as with the Scuba a removal and resetting of the stem cured the problem. So I had almost given up on them but had to have the 1948 and one other using that movement and they are flawless. So I think they have gotten to the bottom of there QC issues with this movement. And I am not an Invicta lover as you can see but the price they had on the new Swiss Diver was just to sweet to pass up, I also have one coming in SS. Hope this helps and good luck.
Gary

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all for your comments, as I appreciate every one of them. I have several invictas myself, some of which I have had my own problems with. I guess I just have to put my faith into the watch Gods, and hope that my two new purchases live up to my expectations. Thank you all again.

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Good luck and keep us informed Trogers1!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts